Bardhaman–Durgapur Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 543 parliamentary constituencies in India. The constituency is spread across Paschim Bardhaman district and Purba Bardhaman district in West Bengal.
Burdwan -Durgapur registered 82.60 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.49
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1732431 while the total voter turnout is 1431056. While in 2014, the constituency registered 84.09 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1581663 while the total voter's turnout was 1329982.
Surendrajeet Singh Ahluwalia of Bharatiya Janata Party, Abhas Ray Chaudhuri of Communist Party of India (Marxist), Mamtaz Sanghamita of All India Trinamool Congress, Ranajit Mukherjee of Indian National Congress and Ramkrishna Malik of Bahujan Samaj Party are few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Bardhaman–Durgapur Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bardhaman–Durgapur Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||SURENDRAJEET SINGH AHLUWALIA||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|2||ABHAS RAY CHAUDHURI||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|3||MAMTAZ SANGHAMITA||All India Trinamool Congress|
|4||RANAJIT MUKHERJEE||Indian National Congress|
|5||RAMKRISHNA MALIK||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|6||SUCHETA BANERJEE||SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)|
The voting for the parliamentary polls 2019 on this seat took place in the fourth phase on April 29. The results would be declared on May 23.
It comprises of seven assembly seats - Bardhaman Dakshin, Bardhaman Uttar (SC), Monteswar, Bhatar, Galsi (SC), Durgapur Purba and Durgapur Paschim. All the seven assembly segments of Bardhaman–Durgapur are in Paschim Bardhaman district and Purba Bardhaman district.
Mamtaz Sanghamita of Trinamool Congress is the sitting MP from the seat.
She had defeated Saidul Haque of CPI(M) in the 2014 Lok Sabha election.