close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Coimbatore Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Coimbatore Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Coimbatore Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Coimbatore Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 39 parliamentary constituencies of Tamil Nadu. Coimbatore Lok Sabha Constituency (constituency number 20) came into existence in 1952.

Coimbatore registered 64.00 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 4.17 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1958577 while the total voter turnout is 1253415. While in 2014, the constituency registered 68.17 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1719725 while the total voter's turnout was 1172367. 

The electors in the Coimbatore Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. The results would be declared on May 23.

CP Radhakrishnan of Bharatiya Janata Party, P Govindan of Bahujan Samaj Party and PR Natarajan of Communist Party of India (Marxist) are few prominent candidates contesting general election 2019 from Coimbatore Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

It consists of six Vidhan Sabha segments. The constituency is not reserved for any category, which means it falls into the General Category.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Coimbatore Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 C P RADHAKRISHNAN Bharatiya Janata Party
2 P GOVINDAN Bahujan Samaj Party
3 P R NATARAJAN Communist Party of India (Marxist)
4 S KALYANASUNDARAM Naam Tamilar Katchi
5 R MAHENDRAN Makkal Needhi Maiam
6 P MANIKANDAN Tamil Nadu Ilangyar Katchi
7 N R APPATHURAI Independent
8 G KANAGASABAPATHY Independent
9 V KRISHNAN Independent
10 M DHANAPAL Independent
11 A NATARAJAN Independent
12 V PUSHPANANTHAM Independent
13 U RADHAKRISHNAN Independent
14 P RADHAKRISHNAN Independent

Also read: Coimbatore Lok Sabha Constituency

P Nagarajan of the AIADMK is the incumbent Member of Parliament from the Coimbatore Lok Sabha Constituency. 

In the 2014 polls, P Nagarajan secured 431717 votes to defeat CP Radhakrishnan of the BJP who secured 389701 votes.