close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Kancheepuram Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Kancheepuram Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.  

Kancheepuram Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Kancheepuram Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 39 parliamentary constituencies of the state of Tamil Nadu. The Kancheepuram Lok Sabha Constituency is reserved for the SC category. It consists of six Vidhan Sabha segments.

Kancheepuram registered 73.86 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.05 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1643656 while the total voter turnout is 1214086. While in 2014, the constituency registered 75.91 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1479856 while the total voter's turnout was 1123380.

Selvam G of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, Sekar D of Bahujan Samaj Party, Maragatham K of All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and Sivaranjani D of Naam Tamilar Katchi are among the prominent candidates contesting general election 2019 from Kancheepuram Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

The assembly constituencies that fall in Kancheepuram parliamentary constituency are- Chengalpattu, Thiruporur, Cheyyur (SC), Maduranthakam (SC), Uthiramerur and Kancheepuram.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Kancheepuram Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 Selvam.G Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
2 Sekar.D Bahujan Samaj Party
3 Maragatham K All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
4 Sivaranjani.D Naam Tamilar Katchi
5 Elangovan M Independent
6 Devarajan C Independent
7 Pon Jeyaraman S P Independent
8 Maragadam M Independent
9 Munusamy A Independent
10 Ramesh S Independent
11 Vinothraj R Independent

Also read: Kancheepuram Lok Sabha Constituency

The electors in the Kancheepuram Lok Sabha Constituency in Tamil Nadu cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. The results would be declared on May 23.

K Maragatham of the AIADMK is the incumbent Member of Parliament from this constituency.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, K Maragatham had managed to get 499395 votes to defeat G Selvam of the DMK who bagged 352529 votes.