close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Tumkur Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates from Tumkur Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka.

Tumkur Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Tumkur Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 28 Lok Sabha constituencies in the Southern state of Karnataka. Voting here for the 2019 Lok Sabha election took place on April 18. The result will be out on May 23. 

Tumkur registered 54.29 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 1.45 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2204431 while 1196697 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 55.74 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1930782 while 1076150 voted.

HD Devegowda of Janata Dal (Secular), GS Basavaraj of Bharatiya Janata Party and N Shivanna of  Communist Party of India are a few prominent candidates for general election 2019 contesting from Tumkur Lok Sabha constituency in Karnataka.

Here is the full list of candidates from Tumkur Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka:

Karnataka Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 H. D. DEVEGOWDA Janata Dal (Secular)
2 G. S. BASAVARAJ Bharatiya Janata Party
3 N. SHIVANNA Communist Party of India
4 K. C. HANUMANTHARAYA Bahujan Samaj Party
5 CHAYA RAJASHANKAR Uttama Prajaakeeya Party
6 MAHALAKSHMI C. P. Ambedkar Samaj Party
7 KAPANIGOWDA Independent
8 T. N. KUMARA SWAMY Independent
9 G. NAGENDRA Independent
10 PRAKASH. R. A. JAIN Independent
11 B. S. MALLIKARJUNAIAH Independent
12 D. SHARADHISHAYANA Independent
13 K. V. SRINIVAS KALKERE Independent
14 J. K. SAMI Independent
15 SIDDARAMEGOWDA T. B. Independent

Also read: Tumkur Lok Sabha Constituency

Tumkur Lok Sabha constituency covers eight assembly segments – Chikkanayakanahalli, Tiptur, Turuvekere, Tumkur City, Tumkur Rural, Koratagere, Gubbi and Madhugiri.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, S. P. Muddahanumegowda belonging to the Indian National Congress– won by defeating G. S. Basavaraj of the Bharatiya Janata Party. In the year 2009, G. S. Basavaraj of the BJP had defeated S. P. Muddahanumegowda of the Janata Dal (Secular).

The voter turnout figure was at 72.57 percent across 1826 polling stations.