close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

  • 542/542 TARGET 272
  • BJP+

    354BJP+

  • CONG+

    90CONG+

  • OTH

    98OTH

Howrah Lok Sabha constituency of West Bengal: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Howrah Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.

Howrah Lok Sabha constituency of West Bengal: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Howrah Lok Sabha constituency is one of 42 Lok Sabha constituencies of West Bengal. The constituency lies in Hugli-Chuchura region in West Bengal. 

Howrah registered 74.78 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.03 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1633201 while the total voter turnout is 1221268. While in 2014, the constituency registered 74.81 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1504439 while the total voter's turnout was 1125414.

Prasun Banerjee of All India Trinamool Congress, Rantidev Sengupta of Bharatiya Janata Party, Suvra Ghosh of Indian National Congress, Sumitro Adhikary of Communist Party of India (Marxist) and Chandra Sekhar Jha of Shivsena are few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Howrah Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.

Live TV

The Howrah Lok Sabha Constituency has a total of seven assembly segments - Bally, Howrah Uttar, Howrah Madhya, Shibpur, Howrah Dakshin, Sankrail and Panchla.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Howrah Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.

West Bengal Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 Prasun Banerjee All India Trinamool Congress
2 Rantidev Sengupta Bharatiya Janata Party
3 SUVRA GHOSH Indian National Congress
4 Sumitro Adhikary Communist Party of India (Marxist)
5 GAUTAM KUMAR SHAW Purvanchal Janta Party (Secular)
6 CHANDRA SEKHAR JHA Shivsena
7 Md. Shanawaz SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)
8 Sudarsan Manna Samajtantric Party of India
9 ASHRAF ALI Independent
10 IMTIAZ AHMED MOLLAH Independent
11 Kanai Sit Independent
12 KASHI NATH MALICK Independent
13 Debasish Mandal Independent
14 PANKAJ GAR Independent
15 SISIR SAMANTA Independent
16 SEKHAR MONDAL Independent
17 SHAILENDRA KUMAR JAISWAL Independent
18 SHYAM PRASAD RAM Independent
19 Samir Mondal Independent

Also road: Howrah Lok Sabha constituency

This seat cast its vote in the 2019 election on May 6. The results would be declared on May 23.

Prasun Banerjee of ruling Trinamool Congress is the incumbent Member of Parliament from this constituency.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Prasun Banerjee won the seat by getting 488,461 votes.