Ahmedabad: The voting for civic polls in Gujarat was held on February 17, 2018. Notifications for the elections were declared on January 29, 2018, and elections nominations forms were accepted till February 3, 2018.
Babulas, Dhandhuka, Sanand, Jafrabad, Rajula, Chalaya, Lathi, Anand’s Karamsad, Vallabh Vidya Nagar, Ankalav, Borivali, Ode, Bhachau of Kutch, Rapar, Kheda Chaklasi, Dakor, Kheda, Mahudha, Mansa of Gandhinagar, Dhanrol of Jamnagar, Jamjodpur, Kalavad, Gir Somnath Kodinar are some of the municipalities where elections were held.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Congress were locked in a direct fight in the civic polls. Voters were also provided NOTA (None of the Above) options also.
Following are the latest updates:
- Among the municipalities, BJP has won are Jafrabad, Vadnagar, Jasdan, Vijaynagar, Sanand, Talaja, Halvad, Bantva, Kodinar, Lathi, Kheralu, Karamsad, Songadh, Bavla, Mansa, Dwarka, Bhanvad, Kutiyana, Chalala, Gadhda, Idar, Prantij, Jamjodhpur, Dhrol, Chhaya, Bilimora, Gariyadhar, Sihor and Lathi.
- BJP wins 17 seats in Sabarkantha municipality, Congress bags three seats.
- Trends for all 75 municipalities are in - BJP leading in 44, Congress in 27, others in four.
- Trends in 71 municipalities - BJP leads in 41 while Congress is leading in 27, others leading in 3 municipalities.
- BJP's Hitesh Patel's wins from ward number 1 in Bayad in Sabar Kantha district.
- Congress' Kailashben Patel wins in Bayad's ward number in Sabar Kantha district.
- BJP wins all four seats in Songadh taluka ward number 4 in Tapi district.
- Overall, trends in 50 municipalities show the BJP leading in 27 while the Congress leading in 20.
- In Sabarkantha district, in Khedbrahma municipal's ward number 2, Congress and BJP win two seats each.
- BJP loses seat in ward number 2 in Bayad municipality in Sabarkantha district.