India has put faith in BJP, says RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat in Dussehra address
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat on Tuesday addressed swayamsevaks on the occasion of Dussehra at Nagpur's Reshimbagh ground where he gave out a message to the cadre of the organisation and its affiliates.
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat on Tuesday addressed swayamsevaks on the occasion of Dussehra at Nagpur's Reshimbagh ground where he gave out a message to the cadre of the organisation and its affiliates. He addressed the RSS workers on a number of issues concerning politics, society, national security and family values.
Below are the excerpts from his speech:
- After the successful completion of these two elections further underlines the fact that democracy in India is not influenced by the western world but is instead indigenous.
- The move of the re-elected regime to nullify Article370 has once again proved that it has the courage to fulfill those expectations and respect people's sentiments and wishes in interest of the country.
- A developed Bharat creates fear in the minds of vested interests. Such forces will also not want Bharat to be strong and vibrant.
- Diversity is an intrinsic strength of our nation. But the diversity of caste, creed, language and region are being used by vested interests to separate one from another, turning them to differences; imposing fabricated identities on manufactured separations.
- There are certain developments because of which we will remember this year for a long time. The change ushered in 2014 and 2019 (Lok Sabha polls) was witnessed by the entire world.
- It is not necessary that everyone should agree with the changes taking place in a democracy, but it shouldn’t be based on self-interest, compromising national interest.
- Fortunately, the security capability of our country, preparedness of our armed forces, the security policy of our government has developed to such a level that we remain alert and confident. The security alertness along our land and maritime borders is better now. However, the number of guards and check-posts on land borders and surveillance along the maritime border, especially on islands, have to be increased.
- Vigilance along the border is better than before. Acts of terrorism within the country have also reduced.
- Swayamsevaks have been making efforts to enhance dialogues and cooperation. Even then, decisions on some matters are required to be taken by the courts. Whatever be the decision, it is the duty of responsible citizens that they should not hurt the mutual goodwill.
- India belongs to all Indians from all religions and it is the duty of the ruler to ensure that no one is discriminated against on the basis of caste or religion. If a swayamsevak is in power, then it is the lesson he has to remember and implement.
- The Sangh has never supported the people who were involved in anti-constitutional violent activities and it stands against each and every such incident. Swayamsevaks are working in this direction so that such incidents do not take place.
- Lynching is not the word from Indian ethos.. its origin is from a story in a separate religious text. We Indians trust in brotherhood. Don't impose such terms on Indians-Hindus.
- Abrogation of Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir was a bold move and met people's expectations.
The RSS came up with its own Internet-based radio channel to broadcast Bhagwat's speech at the event. Dussehra holds special importance for sarsanghchalaks as the RSS was founded on this day in 1925. HCL founder Shiv Nadar is the chief guest for this year's event.
Maharashtra: RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat, Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis, Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari & General (retd.) VK Singh at an event organised by RSS in Nagpur on the occasion of #VijayaDashami. HCL founder Shiv Nadar is the chief guest at the event. pic.twitter.com/52NuwAkTC4 — ANI (@ANI) October 8, 2019
_____ _______ __ _____, ___ ____ __ ________ ___, ___ ____ __ _____ __ ___ ____ __ ____ ______ #RssVijayaDashami #94YearsOfRSS pic.twitter.com/QOmMIaBffK — Friends of RSS (@friendsofrss) October 8, 2019
— Friends of RSS (@friendsofrss) October 8, 2019
Several dignitaries from different walks of life, including Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari, General VK Singh (retd) and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis took part in RSS' Path Sanchalan March held on the occasion of Vijaydashmi today. Clad in the RSS dress -- white shirt and khaki pants, the dignitaries paid tribute to the organisation`s saffron flag.
Around 500 cars and more than 1000 bikes will participate in this journey. The journey of about 42 kilometres will pass through 44 intersections and will conclude at 3:00 pm.