close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Ahmedabad West Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Ahmedabad West Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.

Ahmedabad West Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Ahmedabad West is one of 26 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Gujarat. All constituencies in the state voted in the third phase on April 23. The results would be declared on May 23.

Ahmedabad West registered 60.37 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.27 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1642720 while the total voter turnout is 991701. While in 2014, the constituency registered 62.64 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1533209 while the total voter's turnout was 960471.

Dr. Kirit P Solanki of Bharatiya Janata Party, Tribhovandas Karsandas Vaghela of Bahujan Samaj Party and Raju Parmar of Indian National Congress are a few prominent candidates contesting for general election 2019 from Ahmedabad West Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.

Ahmedabad West Lok Sabha constituency covers seven assembly segments - Ellisbridge, Amraiwadi, Dariapur, Jamalpur-Khadiya, Maninagar, Danilimda and Asarwa. This constituency was created in 2008.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Ahmedabad West Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.

Gujarat Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 DR. KIRIT P. SOLANKI Bharatiya Janata Party
2 TRIBHOVANDAS KARSANDAS VAGHELA Bahujan Samaj Party
3 RAJU PARMAR Indian National Congress
4 CHAUHAN HARISHBHAI JETHABHAI Rashtriya Power Party
5 JADAV ULPESH JAYANTILAL Peoples Party of India (Democratic)
6 DIPIKA JITENDRAKUMAR SUTARIA Manvadhikar National Party
7 VAGHELA ASHWINBHAI AMRUTBHAI Bhartiya Tribal Party
8 VEDUBHAI KAUTIKBHAI SIRASAT Ambedkarite Party of India
9 SOLANKI CHIRAGBHAI SOMABHAI Jan Satya Path Party
10 HARSHADKUMAR LAXMANBHAI SOLANKI Right to Recall Party
11 BHITORA BHAVESH CHIMANBHAI Independent
12 MALHOTRA PANKAJKUMAR DAYABHAI (DOCTOR SAHEB) Independent
13 MAHEDIA MAHENDRABHAI PARSOTTAMDAS Independent

Also read: Ahmedabad West Lok Sabha constituency 

In the Lok Sabha election here a year later, surgeon-turned-politician Kirit Solanki of BJP rode home to an easy win by defeating Congress' Shailesh Parmar by over 91,000 votes. Five years later, Solanki would once again help himself to an easy win - one that was even more resounding than in 2009. He defeated Ishwar Makwana of Congress by over 3 lakh votes.