close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Raichur Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Raichur Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka. 

Raichur Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Raichur is one of the 28 Lok Sabha constituencies in Karnataka and went to polls on April 23.

Raichur registered 57.89 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.38 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1927758 while the total voter turnout is 1115886. While in 2014, the constituency registered 58.27 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1661362 while the total voter's turnout was 968071.

BV Naik of Indian National Congress, Raja Amareshwara Naik of Bharatiya Janata Party and B Venkana Gouda Nayaka of Bahujan Samaj Party are a few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Raichur Lok Sabha constituency in Karnataka.

Voting for Lok Sabha election in Karnataka was held in two phases on April 18 and April 23 and counting will be held on May 23.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Raichur Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka.

Karnataka Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 B. V NAIK Indian National Congress
2 RAJA AMARESHWARA NAIK Bharatiya Janata Party
3 B. VENKANA GOUDA NAYAKA Bahujan Samaj Party
4 NIRANJAN NAYAK Uttama Prajaakeeya Party
5 K. SOMASHEKHAR YADAGIRI SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)

Also read: Raichur Lok Sabha Constituency

Raichur parliamentary constituency is reserved for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled tribes. It covers eight assembly segments –  Horapur, Shahapur, Yadgir, Raichur Rural, Raichur, Manvi, Devadurga and Lingsugur. 

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, B. V. Nayak of the Indian National Congress (INC) – won by getting a margin of just over 1 thousand votes. In the neck and neck fight, he had defeated K. Shivanagouda Naik of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Nayak had secured 443659 votes while Naik got 442160 votes.