Kolkata: West Bengal Police on Saturday night arrested Sambia Sohrab, son of a former RJD MLA, and the prime accused in the Red Road hit-and-run case in which an Air Force officer was killed.
After his arrest some shocking revelations have been made by his friends about the hit-and-run incident which claimed IAF officer Corporal Abhimanyu Gaud's life on January 13.
- According to Sambia Sohrab's friend Johnny, the prime accused was heavily intoxicated the night he allegedly ran his Audi SUV over the IAF officer
- "On the night of the incident, there were four cars: Swift, Skoda, Audi and Fortuner; everyone told Sambia that is heavily drunk and so he must leave his car here, and leave but he did not listen to anyone."
- "Sambia fought with Sanu (another friend) when he tried to stop him and slapped him a couple of times."
- "The police stopped us saying there is not entry here as parade practice is on. When we protested that the other car just went by, they said that car would be penalised."
- "Later, we took the other route and went home and slept. The next morning we heard about the accident. We got scared and fled."
- All statements mentioned above given by Sambia's friend Johnny who was with him before the incident took place.