New Delhi: Pranav Dhanawade on Tuesday catapulted himself into national spotlight, as he became the first cricketer ever to score 1000 runs in an innings.
On Monday, he remained unbeaten on 652 thereby breaking the record of AEJ Collins who scored an unbeaten 628 in a club match in England in 1899.
On Day 2 of the Bhandari Trophy tournament, Pranav went on to break the 1000-run barrier.
His team finally declared on 1465, with Pranav unbeaten on 1009*.
Pranav Dhanawade.... Runs - 1009* Balls - 323 Mins - 395 S/R - 312.38 Sixes - 59 Fours - 129 His school KC Gandhi HS declared @ 1465
— Mohandas Menon (@mohanstatsman) January 5, 2016
Here are five facts you out to know about the Kalyan lad who could have a bright cricketing future ahead of him.
1) Pranav started playing cricket at the tender age of five and is coached by Mobin Sheikh.
2) The 15-year-old's father is an auto-rickshaw driver.
3) Pranav represents Pranab KC Gandhi School, Kalyan in U-16 cricket.
4) Maharashtra government will bear coaching and education expenses of Pranav from this point on.
5) He considers India's ODI skipper MS Dhoni as his idol.