New Delhi: Ministry of Railways has introduced Unreserved Mobile Ticketing (UTS) for booking of unreserved tickets on all non-suburban sections across all Zonal Railways.
The facility of booking unreserved tickets, including season tickets and also platform tickets is available through the ‘UTSONMOBILE’ app available for Android, IOS and Windows phones.
A pilot project for booking of unreserved tickets through mobile phone was commenced in December, 2014 on select stations on Central Railway to provide customers the convenience of booking of unreserved tickets without having to stand in queues.
The UTSONMOBILE was also introduced on Non-Suburban sections in 2015 initially on Delhi-Palwal section of Northern Railway which was subsequently extended to other non-suburban sections of Northern, South Central, Southern, South Western, East Coast, South East Central and South Eastern Railways.
Here's how to use UTS mobile app
- The process of ticket booking involves downloading the application and registration by furnishing the requisite details.
- After successful registration, the user is given user-ID and password through which the user can log-in and book ticket through this application within the ticketing area and outside the Geo-fenced area (geofenced area is station premises and train route within which ticket cannot be booked.
- Initially, the payment could be made only through R-Wallet.
- The facility of making payment through all types of digital modes i.e. debit card, credit card, net-banking,
- UPI and other e-wallets has been introduced through payment aggregators viz. Paytm, Mobikwik and Freecharge