Nawada is one of the 40 Lok Sabha constituencies in Bihar. Nawada registered 49.28 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 2.93 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1896272 while 934558 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 52.21 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1693646 while 884226 voted.
The first phase of voting in four constituencies of Bihar ended on April 11. The fate of seven candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Nawada Lok Sabha constituency of Bihar.
|1||Tulsi Dayal||Aam Jan Party (Secular)|
|3||Vishnu Dev Yadav||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|8||Navin Kumar||Nationalist Congress Party|
|9||Vijay Ram||Moolniwasi Samaj Party|
|10||Chandan Kumar||Suheldev Bhartiya Samaj Party|
|11||Prof. K.B. Prasad||Independent|
|12||Mokim Uddin||Rashtriya Ulama Council|
|15||Chandan Singh||Lok Jan Shakti Party|
|18||Aditya Pradhan||Peoples Party of India (Democratic)|
|22||Vibha Devi||Rashtriya Janata Dal|
|27||Akhlaqur Rahman Mallick||Bahujan Mukti Party|
|28||Sanjay Prasad||Bharat Bhrashtachar Mitao Party|
|31||Niraj Lal Yadav||Independent|
The Nawada Lok Sabha constituency comprises of six assembly segments, namely Barbigha, Rajauli, Hisua, Nawada, Gobindpur and Warisaliganj.
In the 2014 election, Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Giriraj Singh won defeating his closest rival Rashtriya Janata Dal candidate Raj Ballabh Prasad by a margin of 140157 votes.
In the 2009 Lok Sabha election, BJP's Bhola Singh had bagged 22.46 per cent or 130608 votes to defeat Lok Janskati Party's (LJP) Veena Devi who had won 95691 votes.