Zee Media Bureau/Rd. Alexander
New Delhi: With just a day left for its universal release, the tech world is definitely looking towards the latest operating system from Microsoft Corporation, the Windows 10.
Said to be faster, more secure and easier with the 'Start' button back to where it belongs, the Windows 10 OS has been creating a buzz for months now and if you are not aware of it, you must be living under a pile of rocks or you are just not of the techie world.
Anyways, the Windows 10 OS is being released July 29, 2015, across the globe and those using Windows 7 and above will be able to upgrade it for free. Yes! You got it right. Free upgrade to Windows 10 provided one has an email account with Outlook or Live, which is, again, free.
And here is how to upgrade to Windows 10 OS, which is simple and easy, as provided by Microsoft.
1. Click on the Windows logo/start button to get it started.
2. Then in the app window, click on 'Reserve your free upgrade'
3. Enter your Live or Outlook email for confirmation of the reservation
4. When you have reserved it, Windows will upgrade when it is available.
5. You will get a notification when the upgrade is done.
6. Once it's installed, Hola! The Windows 10 OS is all yours to enjoy.
However, users should note that while the upgrade is free, its requires 3GB download with standard data rate applicable. Moreover, one can also cancelled the reservation that is made for the upgrade. And the upgrade should be done within a year of the release of Windows 10.