New Delhi: From the next fiscal year, that is from today, a lot of things of your daily needs as well as things of your comfort are going to get dearer.
During the presentation of Budget 2017-18, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley hiked custom and excise duty on some, while it has been reduced on some products which will eventually lead to commodities getting costlier or cheaper.
Here is a list of things that will become dearer from April 1, 2017
- Pan masala
- Paper-rolled handmade bidis
- Chewing tobacco
- LED lamp components
- Cashew nuts (roasted and salted)
- Aluminum ores and concentrates
- Polymer coated MS tapes used in manufacturing of optical fibres
- Silver coins and medallions
- Apart from this, you will have to pay more premiums for car, motorcycle and health insurance from April 1 as Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) has given a green signal to insurers for a commission revision for agents.
- Here is a list of products that will get cheaper from April 1, 2017
- Booking railway tickets online
- RO membrane elements for household usage
- Solar tempered glass used in solar panels
- Fuel cell based power generating systems
- Wind operated energy generator
- Vegetable tanning extracts used in making leather products
- POS machines card and fingerprint readers
- Group insurance for Defence services