12 December 2019, 20:54 PM
I would like to request the students, brothers and sisters, protesting against Citizenship Amendment Bill in Assam, to not lose control while registering their protest, and maintain peace in the state. Central govt has given an assurance on the floor of the House to protect the interests of Assam. They have also given the assurance to protect the culture, language and rights of the natives of Assam as per Clause 6 of the Assam Accord: Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi (ANI)
12 December 2019, 20:53 PM
Today he (Amit Shah) called us because we had called for an indefinite strike to protest against the Citizenship Amendment Bill. We have called off our indefinite strike: Anthony Deb Barma, Convenor of Joint Movement against Citizenship Amendment Bill (ANI)
12 December 2019, 18:55 PM
One more protestor dead in alleged police firing in Lachit Nagar area of Ulubari in Guwahati, Assam. The deceased was an employee of the canteen at Sainik Bhavan. He was declared dead at the Guwahati Medical College Hospital (GMCH). Total three people have died one from Tinsukia and two from Guwahati (Gorchuk area and Lachit Nagar area).
12 December 2019, 17:54 PM
Assam Director General of Police (DGP) Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta’s convoy came under attack near Ganeshguri area of Guwahati. The anti-CAB protestors pelted stones at his convoy.
12 December 2019, 14:53 PM
GP Singh has been appointed as the new ADG Law and Order. Munna Prasad Gupta being appointed as the new Guwahati CP, 8 more DCP rank officers transferred in Assam.
12 December 2019, 14:34 PM
Internet suspension in Assam extended to another 48 hours beginning 12 noon today.
12 December 2019, 14:33 PM
Renowned Assamese actor and BJP leader Jatin Bora has quit the party to protest against the CAB.
12 December 2019, 14:33 PM
Current NIA IG GP Singh (Assam-Meghalaya cadre 1991 IPS) asked to take over as Assam ADG Law and Order, present ADG Law and Order Mukesh Agarwal posted as ADG CID.
12 December 2019, 13:39 PM
We want to thank Centre, PM & HM Amit Shah for the courageous step of bringing Citizenship Amendment Bill. It is a big initiative of present govt to give honorable place to refugees (from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh) living in India. We welcome them: RSS leader Bhaiyyaji Joshi
12 December 2019, 13:38 PM
I assure every state of the East and Northeast. The traditions,culture,language etc of Assam and other states will not be affected at all. Central Govt will work with state Govts for your development. Don't be misled by Congress's statements: PM Modi
12 December 2019, 13:37 PM
Due to Agitation in Assam and North East (NF Railway) the following Trains have been cancelled/ Partially Cancelled as under:
Cancellation of Trains
• The 15909 Dibrugarh –Lalgarh Awadh Assam Express train, Journey Commencing on 11.12.2019 will remain cancelled. Cosequently the 15910 Lalgarh -Dibrugarh Awadh Assam Express train, Journey Commencing on 14.12.2019 will also remain cancelled.
• The 20505 Dibrugarh –New Delhi Rajdhani Express train, Journey Commencing on 13.12.2019 will remain cancelled.
• The 15903 Dibrugarh –Chandigarh Express train, Journey Commencing on 13.12.2019 will remain cancelled.
Partial Cancellation of Trains
• The 15956 Delhi Jn. –Dibrugarh Brahmaputra Mail, Journey Commencing on 11.12.2019 will be short Terminated at Guwahati and will remain partially cancelled between Guwahati-Dibrugarh.
• The 15955 Dibrugarh - Delhi Jn. Brahmaputra Mail, Journey Commencing on 13.12.2019 & 14.12.2019 will short Originate from Guwahati and will remain partially cancelled between Guwahati-Dibrugarh.
• The 12424 New Delhi –Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express, Journey Commencing on 11.12.2019 & 12.12.2019 will be Short Terminated at Guwahati and will remain partially cancelled between Guwahati-Dibrugarh.
• The 12423 Dibrugarh - New Delhi Rajdhani Express, Journey Commencing on 13.12.2019 & 14.12.2019 will Short Originate from Guwahati and will remain partially cancelled between Guwahati-Dibrugarh.
• The 15910 Lalgarh –Dibrugarh Awadh Assam Express, Journey Commencing on 10.12.2019 will be Short Terminated at Dimapur and will remain partially cancelled between Dimapur-Dibrugarh.
• The 15909 Dibrugarh - Lalgarh Awadh Assam Express, Journey Commencing on 13.12.2019 & 14.12.2019 will Short Originate from Guwahati and will remain partially cancelled between Dibrugarh - Guwahati.
12 December 2019, 12:39 PM
Misleading statements made by Rahul Gandhi yesterday tend to fish in troubled waters of Brahmaputra and trying to seek crutches of some of the disgruntled elements to revive their fortune: Jitendra Singh, Union Min of State for Development of North Eastern Region
12 December 2019, 12:34 PM
I appeal to the people to maintain peace and not get misled: Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
12 December 2019, 12:30 PM
RSS office in Dibrugarh was attacked late last night. Office was vandalised and torched, completely gutted. Four motorbikes parked outside the office torched too.
12 December 2019, 12:28 PM
The whole North East is disturbed and over 90% people are against the Citizenship Amendment Bill, which is unconstitutional and undemocratic. There is unrest in the country from Kashmir to North East. The government want to do same thing what they did in Kashmir: Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad
12 December 2019, 12:24 PM
Thousands defy curfew and section 144 CrPC in parts of Assam and are hitting the streets to protests. In Guwahati, Sivasagar and Tinsukia, protests are being intensified. Reports of several being injured in police firing surfacing too.
12 December 2019, 11:18 AM
Violent clashes break out between security personnel and agitators protesting against CAB in Assam's Tinsukia, five-six shops vandalised and torched in Hijugiri area. One person who suffered serious injuries in the clash dead.
12 December 2019, 10:47 AM
Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) files writ petition against Citizenship Amendment Bill2019 in Supreme Court.
12 December 2019, 10:46 AM
Congress MP Ripun Bora has given 'Suspension of Business Notice' in Rajya Sabha under rule 267, over 'current situation of Assam and northeast region'
12 December 2019, 10:45 AM
Congress MPs Adhir Ranjan Chaudhry, K Suresh and Gaurav Gogoi have given Adjournment Motion Notice in Lok Sabha, over 'unrest in north eastern states & law & order situation'.
12 December 2019, 10:45 AM
Five Army Columns have been requisitioned and deployed in Assam. Three Assam Rifles columns requisitioned & deployed in Tripura.
12 December 2019, 10:44 AM
Ranji Trophy matches suspended in Assam and Tripura, following protests in the states.
12 December 2019, 10:37 AM
In the wake of violent protests, several airlines have also cancelled their flights to Guwahati and Dibrugarh and train services have also been drastically hit. (Read more here)
12 December 2019, 10:34 AM
I want to assure them - no one can take away your rights, unique identity and beautiful culture. It will continue to flourish and grow: PM Modi
I want to assure my brothers and sisters of Assam that they have nothing to worry after the passing of #CAB.
I want to assure them- no one can take away your rights, unique identity and beautiful culture. It will continue to flourish and grow.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 12, 2019
12 December 2019, 10:33 AM
The Army was deployed in Assam and Assam Rifles personnel in Tripura as the two northeastern states plunged into chaos due to protests against Citizenship Amendment Bill.
12 December 2019, 10:32 AM
Internet services have been suspended in 10 districts of Assam, beginning at 7pm on Wednesday. The services were suspended in Lakhimpur, Dhemaji, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Charaideo, Sivasagar, Jorhat, Golaghat, Kamrup (Metro) and Kamrup.
12 December 2019, 10:30 AM
Internet services are already suspended in Tripura for 48 hours from 2pm on Tuesday. Tripura government has banned SMSes on the networks of all mobile service providers.