close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Autonomous District Lok Sabha constituency of Assam: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates who contested the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Autonomous District Lok Sabha constituency of Assam

Autonomous District Lok Sabha constituency of Assam: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Autonomous District is one of 14 Lok Sabha constituencies in the north-eastern state of Assam. Voting here for the 2019 Lok Sabha election took place on April 18. The result will be out on May 23.

This seat has over seven lakh electors and often has a rather tense political situation.

Autonomous district registered 77.47 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 0.02 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 795085 while 615944 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 77.49 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 701245 while 543408 voted.

Horen Sing Bey of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Biren Singh Engti of the Indian National Congress, Lienkhochon of the National People's Party and Holiram Terang of the Autonomous State Demand Committee are some of the most prominent names who contested the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Autonomous District Lok Sabha constituency in Assam.

The first phase of voting in five parliamentary constituencies of Assam ended on April 18. The total turnout recorded in the state was 76.22 per cent. The fate of 6 candidates in Autonomous District Lok Sabha constituency of Assam will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared.

Here is the full list of candidates who contested the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Autonomous District Lok Sabha constituency of Assam:

Assam Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 BIREN SINGH ENGTI Indian National Congress
2 HOREN SING BEY Bharatiya Janata Party
3 LIENKHOCHON National People's Party
4 HOLIRAM TERANG Autonomous State Demand Committee
5 JONES INGTI KATHAR Independent

This constituency covers two autonomous districts - Dima Hasao and Karbi Anglong - and is reserved for members of the Scheduled Tribe. The tribes present here include Karbi, Dimasa, Kuki, Biate, Hmar, Naga - among others.

The Autonomous District Lok Sabha constituency covers five assembly segments - Haflong (ST), Bokajan (ST), Howraghat (ST), Diphu (ST) and Baithalangso (ST).