close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Bangalore Central Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bangalore Central Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka.

Bangalore Central Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Bengaluru Central Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 28 Lok Sabha constituencies in the Southern state of Karnataka. Voting here for the 2019 Lok Sabha election took place on April 18. The result will be out on May 23. 

Bangalore Central registered 54.29 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 1.45 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2204431 while 1196697 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 55.74 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1930782 while 1076150 voted.

P. C. Mohan of the Bharatiya Janata Party, M. K. Pasha of the Bahujan Samaj Party, Rizwan Arshad of the Indian National Congress and Nawaz Dilber of the Karnataka Karmikara Paksha are some of the prominent names who contested the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Bangalore Central Lok Sabha constituency in Karnataka.

Here is the full list of candidates from Bangalore Central Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka:

Karnataka Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 M. K. Pasha Bahujan Samaj Party
2 P. C. Mohan Bharatiya Janata Party
3 M. K. Pasha Independent
4 Rizwan Arshad Indian National Congress
5 C.J. Aditya Independent
6 B. Krishna Prasad Proutist Bloc, India
7 Nawaz Dilber Karnataka Karmikara Paksha
8 Mellegatti Shridevi Uttama Prajaakeeya Party
9 Srinivasan R Indian Christian Front
10 Hunsur K. ChandraShekar Democratic Prajakranthi Party Secularist
11 Arun Prasad A Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi
12 A. Christhuraj Independent
13 Kempurajan Republican Sena
14 Jenifar J. Russell Independent
15 Prakash Raj Independent
16 Pradeep Mendonca Independent
17 S. Pandurangan Independent
18 Francis Binny Jose Independent
19 Dr. Philip Mariyan Independent
20 S. Mohan Kumar Independent
21 Raparti Anil Kumar Independent
22 C. B. K. Rama Independent
23 Syed Asif Bukhari Independent

Bengaluru Central constituency was created in 2008 as part of delimitation. Bengaluru Central Lok Sabha constituency covers eight assembly segments –  Sarvagnanagar, C. V. Raman Nagar, Shivajinagar, Shanti Nagar, Gandhi Nagar, Rajaji Nagar, Chamarajapet and Mahadevapura.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, P. C. Mohan of the Bharatiya Janata Party - won by a margin of over 1.37 lakh votes. He had defeated Rizwan Arshad of the Indian National Congress. Mohan had secured 557130 votes while Arshad got 419630 votes.