Bhandara–Gondiya is one of 48 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Maharashtra and was formed in 2008. It covers six assembly segments - Tumsar, Bhandara, Sakoli, Arjuni Morgaon, Tirora and Gondia.
Bhandara-Gondiya registered 68.27 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 4.14 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1808920 while 1234896 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 72.41 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1652283 while 1196406 voted.
The first phase of voting in seven constituencies of Maharashtra ended on April 11. The fate of seven candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bhandara–Gondiya Lok Sabha constituency of Maharashtra:
|1||Suhas Anil Funde||Independent|
|2||B. D. Borkar||Peoples Party of India (Democratic)|
|3||K. N. Nanhe||Vanchit Bahujan Aaghadi|
|4||Devidas Santuji Lanjewar||Independent|
|5||Gajbhiye Pramod Hiraman||Independent|
|6||Adv. Jaiswal Virendrakumar Kasturchand||Independent|
|7||Patle Rajendra Sahasram||Independent|
|8||Dr. Vijaya Rajesh Nandurkar||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|9||Panchbudhe Nana Jairam||Nationalist Congress Party|
|10||K. N. Nanhe||Vanchit Bahujan Aaghadi|
|11||Atul Sharadchandra Halmare||Independent|
|12||Rajkumar Bhelave||Peoples Republican Party|
|13||Devidas Santuji Lanjewar||Independent|
|14||Sunil Baburao Mendhe||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|15||Dr. Sunil Sampat Chawale||Independent|
|16||Maraskolhe Bhojraj Isulal||Bhartiya Shakti Chetna Party|
|17||Rajkumar Bhelave||Peoples Republican Party|
|18||Sunil Baburao Mendhe||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|19||Sumit Vijay Pande||Independent|
|20||Panchbudhe Nana Jairam||Nationalist Congress Party|
|21||Kalchuri Nilesh Paransingh||Independent|
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Nanabhau Patole of the BJP - who is now with the Congress - roared to a win by a margin of almost 1.50 lakh votes. He had defeated Nationalist Congress Party heavyweight Praful Patel.
In the year 2009, Patel had managed to secure a resounding win by getting 4.89 lakh votes against Nanabhau Falgunrao Patole who was an Independent at the time. The voter turnout across 2048 polling stations for this election here was 71.11 per cent. Some of the other candidates in the fray were BJP's Shishupal Natthu Patle and BSP's Virendrakumar Kasturchand Jaiswal.