It is the second smallest union territory of India and is represented by one parliamentary constituency in the Lok Sabha.
Daman & Diu registered 71.83 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 6.01 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 121729 while the total voter turnout is 87442. While in 2014, the constituency registered 77.84 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 111817 while the total voter's turnout was 87036.
Ketan Dahyabhai Patel of Indian National Congress, Lalubhai Babubhai Patel of Bharatiya Janata Party, Sakil Latif Khan of Bahujan Samaj Party are few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Daman and Diu Lok Sabha Constituency.
The voters in Daman and Diu Parliamentary constituency (constituency number 1) elect just one Member of Parliament who represents the concerns of the whole Union Territory in the Lower House of Parliament.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 Daman and Diu Lok Sabha Constituency.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||KETAN DAHYABHAI PATEL||Indian National Congress|
|2||LALUBHAI BABUBHAI PATEL||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||SAKIL LATIF KHAN||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|4||PATEL UMESHBHAI BABUBHAI||Independent|
The election here was conducted on April 23, 2019, as per the Phase III schedule announced by the ECI.
The results would be declared on May 23.
Patel Lalubhai Babubhai of BJP is the incumbent MP from this constituency. In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Babubhai bagged 46960 votes and defeated Ketan Dahyabhai Patel of the INC who got 37738 votes.