close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File photo

Ghaziabad is one of the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies in Uttar Pradesh. Voting for Lok Sabha election in Uttar Pradesh will be held in seven phases and Ghaziabad went to polls in the first phase on 11 April. Counting for the election will be held on May 23.

Ghaziabad registered 55.78 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 1.2 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2726132 while 1520658 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 56.98 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 2355587 while 1342104 voted.

Ghaziabad constituency comprises of five assembly segments namely, Loni, Muradnagar, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad and Dholana. The constituency was formed in 2008 after the implementation of delimitation of parliamentary constituencies based on the recommendations of the Delimitation Commission of India. 

The fate of 16 candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared. The total voter turnout recorded in UP was 64 percent.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

1 Dolly Sharma Indian National Congress
2 Vijay Kumar Singh Bharatiya Janata Party
3 Suresh Bansal Samajwadi Party
4 Ashok Sharma Subhashwadi Bhartiya Samajwadi Party (Subhas Party)
5 Divya Yog Maya Saraswati Rashtriya Bharatiya Jan Jan Party
6 Nagendra Kumar Shivsena
7 Mohan Lal Republican Party of India (A)
8 Rakesh Suri Right to Recall Party
10 Mohd. Salim Ahmed Sabse Achchhi Party
12 Sunil Nayar Rashtriya Lok Sarvadhikar Party
14 Sewa Ram Kasana Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)
15 Amit Sharma Independent
16 Vijay Kumar Singh Bharatiya Janata Party

In the 2014 election, Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Vijay Kumar Singh secured a massive win with a margin of 567260 votes. At the second spot was Congress candidate Raj Babbar who bagged 1,91,222 votes.

Uttar Pradesh constituencies: All you need to know

Of the 15 contestants who were in the fray, the deposits of 14 candidates was forfeited. 

In the 2009 election, Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Rajnath Singh had won the seat bagging 3,59,637 votes defeating Congress candidate Surendra Prakash Goel who bagged 2,68,956 votes.

BJP has yet again nominated Vijay Kumar Singh from the seat. Congress candidate Dolly Sharma and Samajwadi Party's (SP) Suresh Bansal are also in the fray.