Will request BJP's allies to not support PM Modi, Amit Shah, says Mamata Banerjee in Andhra rally
With the national election just a week away, the political leaders are busy holding rallies across the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with 'chowkidars' as part of Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) 'Main Bhi Chowkidar' campaign from New Delhi’s Talkatora stadium. Several top BJP leaders were present at the event, along with other people who are supporting the campaign.
Besides PM Modi, Congress president Rahul Gandhi addressed two rallies in Andhra Pradesh. With the national election just a week away, the political leaders are busy holding rallies across the country.
Thanks for joining us. Do come back again for the election live updates from April 1 (Monday).
Here are all the updates from March 31 (Sunday).
* The TMC chief said that the BJP will not get a single seat in West Bengal
* Mamata Banerjee urged BJP allies to not support PM Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah during the national election.
* "We have come here to appeal to you to vote for Chandrababu Naidu again. He has laid the foundations of a modern Andhra Pradesh. If he gets five years more, he will expedite the process," Kejriwal said.
Visakhapatnam: West Bengal Chief Minister and TMC Chief Mamata Banerjee and Delhi CM and AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal attend Andhra Pradesh CM & TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu's public rally pic.twitter.com/D09KLGDybx — ANI (@ANI) March 31, 2019
* Apart from Mamata Banerjee, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal attend Andhra Pradesh CM N Chandrababu Naidu's public rally.
PM Modi at 'Main Bhi Chowkidar' program in Delhi: If four generations of a family have been repeating the same promise but not doing anything towards fulfilling it, then people need to understand it. pic.twitter.com/teLCuJQgTH — ANI (@ANI) March 31, 2019
* The next term will be dedicated to fulfill the aspirations of the citizens: PM Modi
* Protect yourselves from getting influenced by false promises: PM Modi
* We should encourage the first time voters: PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi: Congress ka jhoot bada seasonal hota hai, jab Dilli mein chunaav chal raha tha, tab unhone jhoot chala diya, aur jhoot kya tha, Church pe hamle ho rahe hain, intolerance...intolerance. Jaise hi chunaav samaapt hogye, intolerance bhi samaapt ho gaya pic.twitter.com/SzhoMFKIbx — ANI (@ANI) March 31, 2019
* On the success of Mission Shakti, PM Modi says, "It is a big achievement for our scientists. It is due to them that India has entered the elite club of space powers after three countries."
PM Modi: Kuch log (loan defaulters and financial offenders) videsh ki adalaton mein jakar keh rahe hain ki Bharat ki jail ki sthiti aisi hai ki hum usmein reh nahi sakte. Toh ab unko mahal dain kya? Angrezon ne Gandhi ko jis jail mein rakha tha usse achhi jail thodi na dunga. pic.twitter.com/98eAbi4Gsm — ANI (@ANI) March 31, 2019
* We have been suffering from terrorism for the past 40 years. We know who is responsible for it. I thought, till when will this go on? Then, I decided that we need to take target the place from where this emanates: PM Modi
* Since 2014, I have taken steps to take them jail: PM Modi
* Those who have looted the country will have to pay the price: PM Modi on corruption
* Pakistan is in dilemma if they say something happened in Balakot. They'll have to accept, ‘Yes, we had terrorist camps operating here.’ We attacked the place they can't hide anymore. They haven't let anyone visit it in the last 1.5 months: PM Modi
* On Balakot airstrike, PM Modi says, "I have complete trust on the armed forces, have trust on their ability and disciple."
* Elections are not my priority, the country is: PM Modi
* PM Modi lauds the youth for thinking about the future. “Along with me, 130 crore Indians will take oath after election result," he says.
* I am happy that spirit of chowkidar is spreading: PM Modi
* As a chowkidar, I will do my job: PM Modi
* I convey my greetings to all 'chowkidars' across the nation who have joined this Main Bhi Chowkidar program: PM Modi
* We are all 'chowkidars', who are committed to a strong and prosperous India: PM Modi
* I thank the people who criticised me during 2014 Lok Sabha election 2014. It's because of them I got so much of popularity: PM Modi
*West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee arrived at Visakhapatnam to attend Andhra Pradesh CM N Chandrababu Naidu's public rally in the city today.
* This is western UP, earlier when people used to go somewhere with bullock cart, their cattle used to end up in illegal slaughter houses. Who doesn't know what happened in Visara? How SP govt suppressed sentiments here? When our govt came, we shut all illegal slaughter houses. Congress govt had said that Ram and Krishna don't exist. I would like to ask Congress leaders what do they want to see by going from one temple to the other? Why this hypocrisy? Priyanka Vadra's statement yesterday over Ayodhya is an insult to Hindus everywhere. She was asked why did she not to go Ram janmbhoomi when she went to Ayodhya? She said it is disputed land, so she didn't. She didn't go there as this would have upset a particular community: Yogi Adityanath
* "It's up-to him where he wants to contest from, how will I know if he got scared or not?" Union Minister Maneka Gandhi told ANI on Rahul Gandhi contesting from Amethi and Wayanad.
* "I read on WhatsApp that Rahul Gandhi has run towards Kerala, leaving Amethi behind. Why has he escaped to Kerala? All of you know that this time Rahul Gandhi is done for in Amethi. So he is going to Kerala in a bid to win on the politics of polarisation," Amit Shah at a rally in Nagina, Uttar Pradesh.
* BJP releases list of 4 candidates in Gujarat for Lok Sabha poll. One candidate for by-election to Talala assembly constituency also announced.
BJP releases list of 4 candidates in Gujarat for #LokSabhaElections2019 . One candidate for by-election to Talala assembly constituency also announced. pic.twitter.com/pTiPY3kvny — ANI (@ANI) March 31, 2019
* "He's fighting in one of the 20 constituencies(in Kerala)&doesn't need to be seen as any different. We'll fight him. He should've contested from a constituency where BJP is contesting, it's nothing but a fight against Left," Kerala CM P Vijayan on Rahul Gandhi contesting from Wayanad.
* Visuals from the 'Main Bhi Chowkidar' theme car rally in Mumbai
* Rahul ji has given his consent to contest from two seats, very happy to inform you that he will also contest from Wayanad in Kerala: A K Antony
AK Antony,Congress: Rahul ji has given his consent to contest from two seats, very happy to inform you that he will also contest from Wayanad in Kerala. #LokSabhaElections2019 pic.twitter.com/Rt7IDNxr0D — ANI (@ANI) March 31, 2019
* Delhi Congress chief Sheila Dikshit on possible alliance between Congress and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi: "You will get to know about it in a matter of few hours, by this evening or by tomorrow. There will be an official announcement."
* Former Bihar minister Manju Verma who is out on bail in Muzaffarpur shelter home case was seen on stage during Union Minister and BJP candidate Giriraj Singh's rally in Begusarai on Saturday. Verma had been arrested under arms act linked to the Muzaffarpur case.
Former Bihar minister Manju Verma who is out on bail in Muzaffarpur shelter home case seen on stage during Union Minister and NDA candidate Giriraj Singh's rally in Begusarai yesterday. Verma had been arrested under arms act linked to the Muzaffarpur case pic.twitter.com/pYPWOBZDMv— ANI (@ANI) March 31, 2019
* Union Minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey misbehaves with SDM KK Upadhyay in Buxar after the official had stopped his convoy for violating model code of conduct.
#WATCH Union Minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey misbehaves with SDM KK Upadhyay in Buxar after the official had stopped his convoy for violating model code of conduct. #Bihar (30.3.19) pic.twitter.com/G7Fp96zOug — ANI (@ANI) March 31, 2019
* PM Narendra Modi to interact with people on Mar 31 over his 'Main Bhi Chowkidar' campaign.
* Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath to hold rallies for BJP candidates in Noida, Ghaziabad on March 31.
* BJP President Amit Shah will hold public meetings in Nagina and Baghpat, Uttar Pradesh on Sunday.
* Rahul Gandhi to address two election rallies in Andhra Pradesh on Sunday.