LS Poll campaign — PM Narendra Modi will file nomination from Varanasi on April 26: Amit Shah
As India goes to vote in the third phase of Lok Sabha election, high-pitched poll campaigns to woo voters across the country continued on Tuesday.
As India goes to vote in the third phase of Lok Sabha election, high-pitched poll campaigns to woo voters across the country took place on Tuesday.
Here are all the updates related to Lok Sabha election campaign of April 23:
* Once again, PM Modi will contest from Kashi (Varanasi). He will file his nomination on the afternoon of April 26. He will also participate in road show in Kashi on April 25, says Amit Shah
* Congress President Shri Rahul Gandhi's travel programme in Uttar Pradesh on April 24
12:30 hrs: Public Meeting at GIC ground, District Lakhimpur Kheri
14:00 hrs: Public Meeting at G.I.C. Ground, District Unnao
15:30 hrs: Public Meeting at Birendra Swarup Ground, District Kanpur
* PM Narendra Modi's schedule for April 24:
Date: April 24, 2019
Time: 2 PM
Venue: Kamarpara Math
Event: Public Meeting
Bolpur, Birbhum district
Time : 3:50 PM
Venue: Taherpur Ground
Event: Public Meeting
Ranaghat, Nadia district
* BJP releases 26th list of candidates for 3 Lok Sabha Elections 2019 seats in Chandigarh and Punjab. Sunny Deol to contest from Gurdaspur, Som Prakash from Hoshiarpur, and Kirron Kher from Chandigarh.
BJP releases 26th list of candidates for 3 #LokSabhaElections2019 seats in Chandigarh & Punjab. Sunny Deol to contest from Gurdaspur, Som Prakash from Hoshiarpur, and Kirron Kher from Chandigarh. pic.twitter.com/ca0C239gwO — ANI (@ANI) April 23, 2019
* Rahul Gandhi once again raises 'chowkidar chor hai' slogan, says, his party would ensure that Rafale fighter jets are manufactured in India if voted to power.
* The Madras High Court 'closed' a plea seeking a direction to arrest Dravidar Kazhagam leader K Veeramani for his alleged provocative remarks against Lord Krishna.
* Delhi court issues non-bailable warrants against Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia, Yogendra Yadav for non-appearance in defamation complaint.
* Delhi: BJP's Gautam Gambhir files nomination for the East Delhi parliamentary constituency.
* Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday slammed the past Congress governments, saying they were only concerned about the interest of a `namdar` family, not the country`s security.
* A show-cause notice has been issued by the District Election Officer to Congress candidate from Raigarh constituency Laljeet Singh Rathiya for allegedly making an objectionable statement against Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
* BJP candidate from Pilibhit parliamentary constituency, Varun Gandhi visits a polling booth in Pilibhit and clicks selfies with supporters.
BJP candidate from Pilibhit parliamentary constituency, Varun Gandhi visits a polling booth in Pilibhit and clicks selfies with supporters. pic.twitter.com/EpIuCrZqZn — ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) April 23, 2019
* First she (Banerjee) made infiltrators her cadres ... Now she is bringing people from foreign countries to campaign for her. I really pity her: PM Modi.
* Didi (Mamata Banerjee) abusing Modi and getting angry with Election Commission is a reflection of her frustration in the face of imminent defeat: PM Narendra Modi
* BJP's candidate from the Bhopal Lok Sabha seat, Pragya Singh Thakur files a response to plea by the father of a deceased victim in the 2008 Malegaon terror blast seeking to bar her from contesting the ongoing elections and dubbed the petition as 'frivolous'.
* Congress defends Rahul Gandhi's 'Chowkidar chor hai' jibe aimed at PM Narendra Modi saying it was a mere political slogan and the party never intended to attribute it to an earlier Supreme Court order.
* Congress President Rahul Gandhi said that a Special Kisan Budget will be presented in Parliament next year if the party is voted to power in the ongoing general elections.
* Balasore's name is recorded in history, the anti-satellite Missile was launched from this place: Modi in Balasore
* Entire country rejoicing success of Mission Shakti, but it pinches 'mahamilawatis' (opposition): PM Modi in Balasore
* India is now a superpower in space after achieving success on land, in water and air: Modi in Balasore.
* Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee Tuesday alleged that the central forces were working for the BJP by asking voters in Maldaha Dakshin and Balurghat constituencies, where polling is underway, to cast their votes for the saffron party. "I have got information that the central forces are sitting inside booths in Englishbazar in Maldaha Dakshin and asking voters to vote for the BJP. They do not have the right to do such thing. We have informed the Election Commission about our reservations regarding this," said Banerjee. "Why are they (central forces) doing it? The police cannot enter a polling booth," she added.
* Gorakhpur: BJP candidate Ravi Kishan files nomination. He was accompanied by BJP MLA Mahendra Pal Singh.
* Delhi: Congress candidates Sheila Dikshit and Ajay Maken file nomination from North East Delhi and New Delhi parliamentary constituency.
* Modi in Odisha's Kendrapara:
- You have seen many government in the past, ours is the only. One which has not been mired in any scams:
- How to Odisha's car move forward if it has three tiers of BJP and some other party
- Those levelling false allegations against BJP are found in standing in the dock.
- 'Lahar' (wave) for BJP has become 'Lalkar' (challenge) for Opposition after two phases of elections.
* BJP fields singer Hans Raj Hans from North West Delhi constituency: ANI
* Actor Sunny Deol joins Bharatiya Janata Party in presence of Union Ministers Piyush Goyal and Nirmala Sitharaman.
* Boxer Vijender Singh to file his nomination from South Delhi seat as Congress candidate today. "I'm happy that Congress has given me a responsibility to serve the people. As a son of a driver,I understand the plight of the poor. I'll reach out to people to understand their problems. I can't see any Modi wave anywhere. People have identified the real face. Youth just want employment, they say 'jumlon se peth nahi bharega'," he said.
* Actor Sunny Deol arrives at Bharatiya Janata Party office in New Delhi. He will join the party shortly.
* Punjab: Bollywood actor Sunny Deol set to join the BJP on Tuesday, may be fielded from Gurdaspur.
* Yoga guru Ramdev has come out in support of the BJP's Bhopal candidate and Malegaon blast case accused Pragya Singh Thakur, saying it was unfair to subject her to cruelty in jail for nine years on the basis of a suspicion. "Sadhvi Pragya was made to suffer rigorous imprisonment for nine years. There is nothing wrong in restraining her if she makes an inappropriate statement but the inhuman treatment given to her in the jail purely on the basis of suspicion was not fair," said Ramdev.
* Sanjay Raut, Shiv Sena: "The picture in front of me is, no single party will come to power in the country this time. NDA will come of power, we are all NDA allies and NDA will form the government."
* West Bengal: Three TMC workers injured after a crude bomb was hurled at them. The incident took place in Domkal municipality in Murshidabad.
*Punjab: "Sukhbir Singh Badal (SAD president) will contest from Ferozepur and Harsimrat Kaur Badal will contest from Bathinda," said Parkash Singh Badal, the patron of Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD).
*Mumbai: Magistrate court in Sewri issues bailable warrant against Sitaram Yechury after he (and his lawyer) failed to appear in court after a summon was issued to him. RSS worker and lawyer Dhrutiman Joshi had filed complaint against Rahul Gandhi and Yechury after they named RSS in Gauri Lankesh murder case. Rahul Gandhi, through his lawyer, has inquired against Dadar Post office as he claims he hasn't received summons yet. He is exempted from appearing till April 30, which is also the next date of hearing.
* West Bengal: Bombs were hurled at Trinamool Congress councillor Tajamel Ansari in Murshidabad’s Domkol. He was rushed to the local hospital, later shifted to Murshidabad Medical College and Hospital. Meanwhile, central force jawans are carrying out route marches in the area.
Urging all those voting in today’s Third Phase of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections to do so in record numbers. Your vote is precious and will shape the direction our nation takes in the years to come.
I’ll be voting in Ahmedabad in a short while from now. — Chowkidar Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) April 23, 2019
* Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who'll exercise his franchise in Ahmedabad, will hold election rallies in Odisha's Kendrapara and Balasore, and a roadshow in Jharkhand's Lohardagga. He will alos hold a rally in Bengal's Asansol. BJP national president Amit Shah, who's contesting from Gujarat's Gandhinagar where voting is currently underway, will also cast his vote from Naranpura area in Ahmedabad. He will then head towards Madhya Pradesh's Khajuraho to address a rally. Senior party leader Sushma Swaraj will also hold rallies in MP's Bhopal and Raisen. UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath will hold rallies in state's Mahoba and Unnao while Keshav Prasad Maurya will be in Shahjahanpur.
Congress chief Rahul Gandhi will address public meetings in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, while Priyanka Gandhi Vadra will be in Amethi and Sonia Gandhi in Rae Bareilly on Tuesday.
Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav along with wife Dimple Yadav will hold a rally in UP's Kannauj. Janata Dal (United) chief Nitish Kumar will address public meetings in Bihar's Madhubani, Ujiarpur, Begusarai and Munger.
Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Tejashwi Yadav to hold rallies in Bihar's Darbhanga, Ujiarpur and Begusarai. Hindustani Awam Morcha chief Jeetan Ram Manjhi will join Tejashwi in Ujiarpur.
* Nominations to be filed today:
- Former CM and Congress leader Bhupinder Singh Hooda from Sonipat
- Congress' Gurjeet Singh Aujla to file his nominations from Amritsar. CM Amrinder Singh will accompany him.
- BJP's Ramesh Bidhuri will file his nomination from South Delhi
- Congress' Sheila Dikshit to file her nomination papers from North East Delhi at Nand Nagri
- Congress' Ajay Maken to file nomination