Nagaland constituency is the only Lok Sabha seat in the Northeastern state.
Nagaland registered 83.09 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 5.44 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1206287 while the total voter turnout is 1002361. While in 2014, the constituency registered 88.53 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1177572 while the total voter's turnout was 1042504.
The Nagaland Parliamentary constituency comprises of all the 60 Assembly segments in the state. At least 12,09,613 voters including 5,96,134 women were eligible to exercise their franchise at 2,227 polling stations in Nagaland.
The first phase of voting in the lone Lok Sabha constituency in Nagaland ended on April 11. The fate of four candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Nagaland Lok Sabha constituency of Nagaland.
|1||K L Chishi||Indian National Congress||Affidavit|
|2||Hayithung Tungoe||National People's Party||Affidavit|
|3||Tokheho Yepthomi||Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party||Affidavit|
|4||Dr. M M Thromwa Konyak||Independent|
Nagaland constituency is the only Lok Sabha seat in the Northeastern state. The sole Lok Sabha seat in the state went to poll in the first phase on 11 April and counting will be held on May 23.
The Nagaland Parliamentary constituency comprises of all the 60 Assembly segments in the state.
In the 2014 election, Naga Peoples Front leader and Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio won the seat by a massive margin of 4,00,225 votes. Neiphiu Rio had bagged 713,372 votes as against his nearest rival of Congress KV Pusa who stood at the second spot with 313,147 votes.
However, by-poll in Nagaland was necessitated because of the resignation of Neiphiu Rio after he took over as the Chief Minister of the state. Naga Peoples Front could not win the bypoll as Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party's Tokheho Yepthomi bagged 594,205 to defeat the Naga Peoples Front candidate C Apok Jamir by a margin of 1,73,746 votes.
Earlier in the 2009 election, Naga Peoples Front's CM Chang had won the seat by securing 8,32,224 votes, winning by a margin of 483021 votes against his nearest rival from Congress K Asungba Sangtam.