close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Ramtek Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Ramtek Lok Sabha constituency of Maharashtra.

Ramtek Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Ramtek Lok Sabha Constituency is one of 48 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Maharashtra. The constituency was created in 1957 for the 2nd Lok Sabha elections. It did not exist during India's 1st Lok Sabha elections in 1951-52.

Ramtek registered 62.12 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 0.53 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1921047 while 1193307 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 62.65 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1675417 while 1049579 voted.

The first phase of voting in seven constituencies of Maharashtra ended on April 11. The fate of seven candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Ramtek Lok Sabha constituency of Maharashtra:

1 Com. BANDU RAMCHANDRA MESHRAM Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
2 Chandrabhan Baliram Ramteke Rashtriya Jansurajya Party
3 Shailesh Sambhaji Janbandhu SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)
4 Archana Chandrakumar Ukey Rashtriya Jansambhavna Party
5 Dr. L.J. Kanhekar Peoples Party of India (Democratic)
6 Dhiman Vinod Bhivaji Patil Ambedkarite Party of India
7 Kishore Uttamrao Gajbhiye Indian National Congress
8 Professor Dr. Natthurao Madhavrao Lokhande Independent
9 Sonali Ravindra Bagde Independent
10 Anil Mahadeo Dhone Independent
11 Kiran Premkumar Rodge (Patankar) Vanchit Bahujan Aaghadi
12 Gautam Wasnik Independent
13 Sandesh Bhioram Bhalekar Independent
14 Gopal Ajabrao Tumane Independent
15 Tumane Kanteshwar Khushalji Independent
16 Deepchand Gajanan Shende Gondvana Gantantra Party
17 Subhash Dharamdas Gajbhiye Bahujan Samaj Party
18 Gajanan Dajiba Jambhulkar Indian National Congress

Ramtek constituency covers six assembly segments – Katol, Savner, Hingna, Umred, Kamthi and Ramtek.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Krupal Balaji Tumane, of the Shiv Sena – won with a huge margin of over 1.75 lakh votes. He had defeated Indian National Congress (INC) Mukul Wasnik.

In the year 2009, INC's Mukul Wasnik managed to secure his winning position by getting a margin of 16 thousand votes against Krupal Tumane.