close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Saharanpur Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Saharanpur Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

Saharanpur Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File photo

Saharanpur is one of the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies in Uttar Pradesh. Voting for Lok Sabha election in Uttar Pradesh will be held in seven phases and Saharanpur will be going to polls in the first phase on 11 April. Counting for the election will be held on May 23.

Saharanpur registered 70.82 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 3.41 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1736881 while 1230049 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 74.23 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1607329 while 1193086 voted.

Saharanpur constituency comprises of five assembly segments namely, Behat, Saharanpur Nagar, Saharanpur, Deoband and Rampur Maniharan. 

In the 2014 election, Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Raghav Lakhanpal won the seat by defeating his closest rival Congress leader Imran Masood by a margin of 65,090 votes. While Raghav Lakhanpal bagged 4,72,999 votes, Imran Masood won 4,07,909 votes. 

The first phase of voting in 8 constituencies of Uttar Pradesh ended on April 11. The fate of 11 candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared. The total voter turnout recorded in UP was 64 per cent.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Saharanpur Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

1 IMRAN MASOOD Indian National Congress
2 HAJI FAZLUR REHMAN Bahujan Samaj Party
3 RAGHAV LAKHANPAL Bharatiya Janata Party
4 MOHD. UVAIS Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)
5 PAWAN KUMAR Aapki Apni Party (Peoples)
6 BRAJPAL SINGH Hindusthan Nirman Dal
7 YOGESH DAHIYA Aam Aadmi Party
8 RAVINDER KUMAR Inqalab Vikas Dal
9 AMAR BAHADUR Independent
10 INDU DEVI Independent
11 SHABNAM Independent
12 YOGESH DAHIYA Aam Aadmi Party

Uttar Pradesh constituencies: All you need to know

In the 2009 election, Bahujan Samaj Party leader Jagdish Singh Rana had won from Saharanpur by winning 3,54,807 votes as against Samajwadi Party's Rasheed Masood who bagged 2,69,934 votes. 

BJP has yet again nominated Raghav Lakhanpal from the seat. Congress leader Imran Masood and Bahujan Samaj Party candidate Hazi Fazalur Rahman are also in the fray. Bahujan Samaj Party, Samajwadi Party and Rashtriya Lok Dal are fighting the Lok Sabha poll in alliance in Uttar Pradesh.