Formed prior to the 1962 elections, Shahjahanpur Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 80 parliamentary constituencies of the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Shahjahanpur registered 56.07 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.96
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2112860 while the total voter turnout is 1184665. While in 2014, the constituency registered 57.03 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1978119 while the total voter's turnout was 1128087.
Amar Chandra Jauhar of Bahujan Samaj Party, Arun Kumar Sagar of Bharatiya Janata Party, Brahm Swaroop Sagar of Indian National Congress and Manish Chandra Kori of Communist Party of India are a few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Shahjahanpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Shahjahanpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||Amar Chandra Jauhar||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|2||Arun Kumar Sagar||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||Brahm Swaroop Sagar||Indian National Congress|
|4||Manish Chandra Kori||Communist Party of India|
|5||Kishan Lal||Sanyukt Vikas Party|
|6||Kuwar Pal Singh Gautam||Jan Seva Sahayak Party|
|7||Dharmvir Balmiki||Bhartiya Bhaichara Party|
|8||Narveer Fauji||Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)|
|9||Manohar Lal Saroj||Netaji Subhash Chander Bose Rashtriya Azad Party|
|10||Ramesh Chandra Verma||Manav Kranti Party|
|11||Sohan Pal alias Sonpal||Bhartiya Krishak Dal|
The Shajahanpur Parliamentary constituency comprises of six Vidhan Sabha segments namely, Dadraul, Jalalabad, Katra, Powayan, Shahjahanpur and Tilhar.
The voting in this parliamentary constituency took place in the fourth phase of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections on April 29. The results will be declared on May 23.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Krishna Raj of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had defeated Umed Singh Kashyap of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) by a margin of 235,529 votes.