close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Sriperumbudur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Sriperumbudur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Sriperumbudur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Sriperumbudur Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 39 parliamentary constituencies of the southern state of Tamil Nadu. It came into existence in the year 1967. This constituency has six legislative segments. 

Sriperumbudur registered 61.64 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 4.59 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2253041 while the total voter turnout is 1388666. While in 2014, the constituency registered 66.23 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1945969 while the total voter's turnout was 1288748.

The electors in the Sriperumbudur Lok Sabha Constituency (constituency number 5) cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. The results of the 2019 Lok Sabha election will be declared on May 23. 

Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Sriperumbudur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 Antony.M Bahujan Samaj Party
2 Baalu.T.R. Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
3 Godwin Shadrach S R Tamizhaga Murpokku Makkal Katchi
4 Palanivel.K Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) (Liberation)
5 Mahendran.H Naam Tamilar Katchi
6 Rajasekaran S Anti Corruption Dynamic Party
7 Vaithilingam A Pattali Makkal Katchi
8 Sridhar M Makkal Needhi Maiam
9 Anantharaman R K Independent
10 Ayodhi L Independent
11 Indian.P.N.K. Independent
12 Sasikumar A Independent
13 Singarajan S P Independent
14 Tambaram Narayanan G Independent
15 Muthumaran K Independent
16 Raja Marimuthu Independent
17 Vasanthi S Independent
18 Viruthagiri A Independent
19 Vaithiyalingam R Independent

KN Thiru Ramachandran of the AIADMK is the present Lok Sabha MP of Sriperumbudur Parliamentary Constituency.