Udhampur is one of 6 Lok Sabha constituencies in the northern state of Jammu and Kashmir. Voting here for the 2019 Lok Sabha election took place on April 18. The result will be out on May 23.
Udhampur registered 70.20 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 1.28 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1665511 while 1169263 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 71.48 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1476913 while 1055741 voted.
Dr. Jitendra Singh of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Tilak Raj Bhagat of the Bahujan Samaj Party, Vikramaditya Singh of the Indian National Congress, Harsh Dev Singh of the Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party and Meenakshi of the Shivsena are some of the most prominent names who contested the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Udhampur Lok Sabha constituency in Jammu & Kashmir.
Here is the full list of candidates from Udhampur Lok Sabha Constituency of Jammu and Kashmir.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||TILAK RAJ BHAGAT||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|2||DR. JITENDRA SINGH||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||VIKRAMADITYA SINGH||Indian National Congress|
|4||HARSH DEV SINGH||Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party|
|5||LAL SINGH||Dogra Swabhiman Sangathan Party,|
|6||MOHD AYUB||Navarang Congress Party|
|12||FIRDOUS AHMED BAWANI||Independent|
Udhampur Lok Sabha constituency covers 17 assembly segments – Kishtwar, Inderwal, Doda, Bhadarwah, Ramban, Banihal, Gulabgarh, Reasi, Gool Arnas, Udhampur, Chenani, Ramnagar, Bani, Basohli, Kathua, Billawar and Hiranagar.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Dr. Jitendra Singh of the Bharatiya Janata Party - won by a margin of over 57 thousand votes. He had defeated Ghulam Nabi Azad of the Indian National Congress. In the year 2009, Chaudhary Lal Singh of the Indian National Congress won with a margin of over 13 thousand votes. He defeated Dr. Nirmal Singh of the BJP.