Wardha Lok Sabha Constituency is one of 48 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Maharashtra. Wardha Constituency covers six assembly segments – Dhamangaon Railway, Morshi, Arvi, Deoli, Hinganghat and Wardha.
Wardha registered 61.20 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 3.56 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1741890 while the total voter turnout is 1066019. While in 2014, the constituency registered 64.76 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1562713 while the total voter's turnout was 1012079.
The first phase of voting in seven constituencies of Maharashtra ended on April 11. The fate of seven candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared.
Altogether 55.78 per cent voters exercised their franchise in the first phase of polling in seven Lok Sabha constituencies in Maharashtra.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Wardha Lok Sabha constituency of Maharashtra:
|SR no.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||Adv. Bhaskar Marotrao Neware||Independent|
|2||Arvind Shamrao Lillore||Independent|
|3||Gadhave Pravin Rameshwarrao||Ambedkarist Republican Party|
|4||Rajesh Marotrao Balpande||Independent|
|5||Charulata Khajansing Tokas||Indian National Congress|
|6||Ramdas Chandrabhanji Tadas||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|8||Dhanraj Kotiram Vanjari||Independent|
|9||Shaileshkumar Premkishorji Agrawal||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|10||Dnyaneshwar Laxamnrao Wakudkar||Lokjagar Party|
|11||Nandkishor Ramaji Sagar||Independent|
|12||Zitruji Chandruji Borutkar||Independent|
|13||Ganesh Kisanrao Lade||Ambedkarite Party of India|
|22||Jagdish Uddhavrao Wankhade||Bahujan Mukti Party|
|23||Umesh Sadashiv Neware||Independent|
|24||Mohd. Imran Mohd. Yakub||Indian Union Muslim League|
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Ramdas Tadas of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) – won with a huge margin of over 2.15 lakh votes. He had defeated Indian National Congress (INC) Sagar Meghe.
In the year 2009, INC's Datta Meghe managed to secure his winning position by getting a margin of 95 thousand votes against BJP's Suresh Waghmare.