close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Markets end at 6-month closing highs, Rs 1.52 lakh crore added to investors' wealth

The BSE Sensex soared 412.84 or 1.08 percent to close at 38,545.72 while the NSE Nifty jumped 124.95 points or 1.09 percent to 11,570.00 .

Markets end at 6-month closing highs, Rs 1.52 lakh crore added to investors' wealth

New Delhi: Markets posted massive rally on Thursday by ending with over 1 percent gains, adding over Rs 1.52 lakh crore to investors' wealth.

Led by the sharp rally in equities, the market capitalisation of BSE-listed companies jumped Rs 1,52,661.23 crore to Rs 1,49,83,159.64 at today's closing. The total market capitalisation of BSE listed companies stood at Rs 1,48,30,498.41 on March 27.

The BSE Sensex soared 412.84 or 1.08 percent to close at 38,545.72 while the NSE Nifty jumped 124.95 points or 1.09 percent to 11,570.00 .

Major gainers in the Sensex pack were HCL, SBI, Yes Bank, Axis Bank, ITC, Sun Pharma, Airtel, Asian Paint, ICICI Bank, TCS, Bajaj Finance and Infosys, rising by upto 4.11 percent. Bucking the trend, Heromoto Corp, M&M, Power Grid, Bajaj Auto, ONGC and Tata steel closed in red, falling by upto 1.75 percent.

Infosys shares buoyed by the news that the IT services companywould buy controlling stake in ABN AMRO Group's mortgage administration services arm Stater N.V. Infosys earlier in the day informed in a regulatory filing that it will acquire 75 percent of the shareholding in Stater N.V While ABN AMRO will continue to hold the remaining 25 percent of the shareholding.