Zee Media Bureau/Udita Madan
New Delhi: The use of contraceptions, or lack thereof, has long since been a topic of constant debate.
So much so, that most people, especially those from rural regions who lack proper knowledge about this practice, have become rather unsure of the what's, why's and how's.
Although people may choose to use contraception for a variety of reasons, the purpose of birth control remains the same. Simply put, contraception allows you to prevent pregnancy.
Contrary to the days when contraceptives were rare, we are fortunate enough to live in a day and age where there are many birth control options available.
Below, we tell you exactly why you should use birth control or contraceptions:
1. Lowers chances of pregnancy
2. Lowers risk of contracting sexually transmitted disease
3. It helps space the timing of the births of your children.
This said, there are other reasons you may want to use birth control. This is essential because it involves an important life decision and it is important for you to know the exact reason for your choice. They are:
1. You want to have more control over your life.
2. You may not have a stable partner to help in parenting a child.
3. You may be feeling like your family is complete, so you want to make sure that you don't become pregnant again.
4. You feel that, at this time in your life, you are not able to take on the financial responsibilities of having a baby.
5. You are not ready to to start a family
6. You want to focus on caring for the children you already have.