close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Baghpat Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Baghpat Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh. 

Baghpat Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
Representational image

Baghpat is one of the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies in Uttar Pradesh. Voting for Lok Sabha election in Uttar Pradesh will be held in seven phases and Baghpat went to polls in the first phase on 11 April. Counting for the election will be held on May 23.

Baghpat registered 65.11 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 1.86 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1605254 while 1045176 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 66.97 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1498399 while 1003533 voted.

Along with the Baghpat district, the constituency covers parts of Meerut, Ghaziabad and Shamli districts. 

Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know 

After the reorganisation of the parliamentary constituencies in 2008, Baghpat Lok Sabha constituency comprises of five legislative assembly segments, namely Siwalkhas, Chhaprauli, Baraut, Baghpat and Modi Nagar.

The first phase of voting in 8 constituencies of Uttar Pradesh ended on April 11. The fate of 13 candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared. The total voter turnout recorded in UP was 64 percent.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Baghpat Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh. 

1 Dr. SALEEM AHMAD Sabse Achchhi Party
2 JAYANT CHAUDHARY Rashtriya Lok Dal
3 SUBHASH Independent
4 Dr. SATYAPAL SINGH Bharatiya Janata Party
5 UTTAR KUMAR JINDAL Bhartiya Naujawan Inklav Party
6 CHAUDHARY MOHKAM Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)
7 ISTAKAR ALI National Lokmat Party
8 PARVEEN YOGI Bhartiya Nojawan Dal
9 RAMKUMAR Sarvjan Lok Shakti Party
10 DEVENDER Aapki Apni Party (Peoples)
11 RUBY KASHYAP Hindusthan Nirman Dal
12 JAFAR Independent
13 MANOJ RANA Akhil Bhartiya Lok Dal

In the 2014 election, Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Satyapal Singh won the seat with a margin of 209866 votes. Of the 14 contestants who were in the fray, 11 lost their deposits. 

In the 2009 Lok Sabha election, Rashtriya Lok Dal's (RLD) Ajit Singh had secured 238638 votes, defeating his closest rival Bahujan Samaj Party's (BSP) Mukesh Sharma who had bagged 175611 votes.