close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Bellary Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bellary Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka. 

Bellary Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Bellary is one of the 28 Lok Sabha constituencies in Karnataka. Voting for Lok Sabha election in Karnataka was held in two phases on April 18 and April 23. Bellary went to polls on April 23 and counting will be held on May 23. 

Bellary registered 69.59 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of -0.69 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1751297 while the total voter turnout is 1218765. While in 2014, the constituency registered 70.28 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1487661 while the total voter's turnout was 1045454.

VS Ugrappa of Indian National Congress, K Gulappa of Bahujan Samaj Party, Y Devendrappa of Bharatiya Janata Party and B Eshwarappa of Shivsena are a few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Bellary Lok Sabha constituency in Karnataka.

Bellary parliamentary constituency comprises of eight assembly segments namely Hadagalli, Hagaribommanahalli, Vijayanagara, Kampli, Bellary, Bellary City, Sandur and Kudligi.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bellary Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka. 

Karnataka Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 V. S. UGRAPPA Indian National Congress
2 K. GULAPPA Bahujan Samaj Party
3 Y. DEVENDRAPPA Bharatiya Janata Party
4 B. ESHWARAPPA Shivsena
5 A. DEVADAS SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)
6 NAVEEN KUMAR. S Bharat Prabhat Party
7 NAYAKARA RAMAPPA Indian Labour Party (Ambedkar Phule)
8 B. RAGHU Pyramid Party of India
9 P. D. RAMANAYAKA Republican Party of India (Karnataka)
10 T. VEERESH Samajwadi Forward Bloc
11 CONDUCTOR PAMPAPATHI Independent

Also read: Bellary Lok Sabha constituency

In 2014 Lok Sabha election, Bharatiya Janata Party leader B. Sreeramulu won the seat by a margin of 85144 votes. Sreeramulu bagged 534406 votes while his nearest rival NY Hanumantappa secured 449262 votes.