Balasore Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 21 Lok Sabha constituencies in the eastern state of Odisha and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 29.
Balasore registered 75.55 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.27 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1529871 while the total voter turnout is 1155786. While in 2014, the constituency registered 76.82 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1363842 while the total voter's turnout was 1047752.
Navajyoti Patnaik of Indian National Congress, Pratap Chandra Sarangi of Bharatiya Janata Party, Rabindra Kumar Jena of Biju Janata Dal and Haji SK Abdul Istar of All India Trinamool Congress are a few noted candidates for general election 2019 from the Balasore Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.
Votings for Lok Sabha election happened in 4 phases in Odisha – on April 11, April 18, April 23 and April 29. The results will be declared on May 23.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Balasore Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||NAVAJYOTI PATNAIK||Indian National Congress|
|2||PRATAP CHANDRA SARANGI||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||RABINDRA KUMAR JENA||Biju Janata Dal|
|4||HAJI SK ABDUL ISTAR||All India Trinamool Congress|
|5||MOHAMMED ALLI||Ambedkar National Congress|
|6||RAMAKANTA PANDA||Purvanchal Janta Party (Secular)|
|7||SUBHASH||Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)|
|12||SAROJ KUMAR PANDA||Independent|
Balasore Lok Sabha constituency covers seven assembly segments – Badasahi, Jaleswar, Bhograi, Basta, Balasore, Remuna and Nilagiri.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Rabindra Kumar Jena of the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) – won with a margin of over 1.41 lakh votes. He had defeated Pratap Chandra Sarangi of the Bharatiya Janata Party. While Jena had secured 433768 votes Sarangi got 291943 votes.