Bardhaman Purba Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 543 parliamentary constituencies in India. The constituency is based on Purba Bardhaman district in West Bengal.
Bardhaman Purba registered 84.75 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.56
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1696528 while the total voter turnout is 1437869. While in 2014, the constituency registered 86.31 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1529995 while the total voter's turnout was 1320568.
Iswar Chandra Das of Communist Party of India (Marxist), Paresh Chandra Das of Bharatiya Janata Party, Mukul Biswas of Bahujan Samaj Party, Siddhartha Majumdar of Indian National Congress and Sunil Kumar Mondal of All India Trinamool Congress are few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Bardhaman Purba Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bardhaman Purba Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||ISWAR CHANDRA DAS||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|2||PARESH CHANDRA DAS||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||MUKUL BISWAS||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|4||SIDDHARTHA MAJUMDAR||Indian National Congress|
|5||SUNIL KUMAR MONDAL||All India Trinamool Congress|
|6||NIRMAL MAJHI||SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)|
|7||BIPLAB MISTRI||Bharatiya Nyay-Adhikar Raksha Party|
The voting for the parliamentary polls 2019 on this seat took place in the fourth phase on April 29. The results would be declared on May 23.
Bardhaman Purba Lok Sabha constituency it comprises of seven assembly seats — Raina (SC), Jamalpur (SC), Kalna (SC), Memari, Purbasthali Dakshin, Purbasthali Uttar and Katwa.
The seat is currently held by Sunil Kumar Mandal of Trinamool Congress who defeated Ishwar Chandra Das of CPI(M) with a margin of 114,479 votes. Mandal is seeking a second term from the seat opposite CPI(M)'s Iswar Chandra Das and Congress' Siddhartha Majumdar.