close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Bharuch Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates

BJP's Mansukhbhai Vasava, a four-time sitting MP from Bharuch, will be contesting against Congress candidate Sherkhan Pathan.

Bharuch Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File photo

Bharuch is one of the 26 Lok Sabha (parliamentary) constituencies in Gujarat. The Lok Sabha election here was held in a single phase on April 23. The seat has been a BJP bastion since 1989. 

Bharuch registered 73.22 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.31 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1564205 while the total voter turnout is 1145356. While in 2014, the constituency registered 74.53 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1417300 while the total voter's turnout was 1056278.

Senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel was elected from the seat for three consecutive terms, in 1977, 1980 and 1984.

BJP's Mansukhbhai Vasava is a four-time sitting MP from Bharuch, which is an industrial district of Gujarat. In 1998, after the death of sitting Bharuch MP Chandubhai Deshmukh, Mansukhbhai was first elected on the seat in a byelection. In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, he won the seat defeating Congress' Jayeshbhai Patel by a margin of 153,273 votes. Mansukhbhai had secured 5,48,902 votes while Jayeshbhai got 3,95,629 votes. 

Mansukhbhai will be contesting for the fifth term from Bharuch Lok Sabha seat in the upcoming election against Congress candidate Sherkhan Pathan.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bharuch Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.

Gujarat Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

1 Mansukhbhai Vasava Bharatiya Janata Party
2 Vasava Rajeshbhai Bahujan Samaj Party
3 Sherkhan Pathan Indian National Congress
4 Chhotubhai Vasava Bhartiya Tribal Party
5 Pathan Salimkhan Sanyukt Vikas Party
6 Vashi Narendrasinh Yuva Jan Jagriti Party
7 Sabbirbhai Patel Apna Desh Party
8 Sukhdev Vasava Bahujan Mukti Party
9 Ashokchandra Parmar Independent
10 Jitendra Parmar Independent
11 Patel Imran Independent
12 Mukhtiyar Shaikh Independent
13 Vasava Navinbhai Independent
14 Vikramsinh Gohil Independent
15 Sapa Rafikbhai Independent
16 Sindha Kiritsinh Independent
17 Solanki Rajeshbhai Independent

Also read: Bharuch Lok Sabha Constituency

The legislative assembly segments under Bharuch constituency are — Karjan, Dediapada, Jambusar, Vagra, Jhagadiya, Bharuch and Ankleshwar. 

The Lok Sabha election 2019 was held in seven phases across the country – on April 11, April 18, April 23, April 29, May 6, May 12 and May 19. The results would be declared on May 23.