Birbhum Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 543 parliamentary constituencies in India. The constituency centres on the western part of Birbhum district in West Bengal.
Birbhum registered 85.28 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.08
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1696851 while the total voter turnout is 1447057. While in 2014, the constituency registered 85.36 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1493845 while the total voter's turnout was 1275164.
Imam Hossain of Indian National Congress, Md. Rezaul Karim of Communist Party of India (Marxist), Dudh Kumar Mondal of Bharatiya Janata Party, Prabir Mukhopadhyay of Bahujan Samaj Party and Satabdi Roy (Banerjee) of All India Trinamool Congress are few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Birbhum Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Birbhum Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||IMAM HOSSAIN||Indian National Congress|
|2||MD. REZAUL KARIM||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|3||DUDH KUMAR MONDAL||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|4||PRABIR MUKHOPADHYAY||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|5||SATABDI ROY (BANERJEE)||All India Trinamool Congress|
|6||FARUK AHAMED||Rashtravadi Janata Party|
|7||AYESHA KHATUN||SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)|
|8||MD. FIROJ ALI||Bharatiya National Janta Dal|
The voting for the parliamentary polls 2019 on this seat took place in the fourth phase on April 29. The results would be declared on May 23.
Birbhum Lok Sabha constituency it comprises of seven assembly seats - Dubrajpur (SC), Suri, Sainthia (SC), Rampurhat, Hansan, Nalhati and Murarai. All the seven assembly segments of Birbhum are in Birbhum district.
The seat is currently held by actor-turned-politician Satabdi Roy of the ruling Trinamool Congress. Roy had defeated Dr Mohammed Qamre Elahi of CPI(M) by a margin of 67263 votes in 2014 Lol Sabha election.