The Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli is situated in Western India and is represented by single parliamentary constituency in the Lok Sabha.
Dadra & Nagar Haveli registered 79.59 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 4.49 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 250021 while the total voter turnout is 198985. While in 2014, the constituency registered 84.08 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 196597 while the total voter's turnout was 165289.
Tokiya Prabhubhai of Indian National Congress, Dongarkar Ishwarbhai Gopjibhai of Bahujan Samaj Party, Patel Natubhai Gomanbhai of Bharatiya Janata Party, Janathiya Pravinbhai Ladakbhai of Bahujan Mukti Party and Patel Ankita Amrutbhai of Shivsena are few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Dadra and Nagar Haveli Lok Sabha Constituency.
The Dadra And Nagar Haveli Lok Sabha Constituency (constituency number 1) is reserved for candidates belonging to the scheduled tribes.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Dadra and Nagar Haveli Lok Sabha Constituency.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||TOKIYA PRABHUBHAI||Indian National Congress|
|2||DONGARKAR ISHWARBHAI GOPJIBHAI||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|3||PATEL NATUBHAI GOMANBHAI||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|4||JANATHIYA PRAVINBHAI LADAKBHAI||Bahujan Mukti Party|
|5||PATEL ANKITA AMRUTBHAI||Shivsena|
|6||BHIKHLABHAI VANSABHAI KHULAT||Bhartiya Tribal Party|
|7||HALPATI RAJESHBHAI BHANABHAI||Navsarjan Bharat Party|
|9||DELKAR MOHANBHAI SANJIBHAI||Independent|
|10||DAYAT MANOJ RANCHOD||Independent|
|11||PATEL DHIRUBHAI CHHOTUBHAI||Independent|
The election here was conducted on April 23, 2019, as per the Phase III schedule. The results would be declared on May 23.
Gomanbhai Natubhai Patel of the BJP is the incumbent MP from this constituency. In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Gomanbhai Natubhai Patel of the BJP bagged 80790 votes and defeated INC candidate Delkar Mohanbhai Sanjibhai who got 74576 votes.