Dharmapuri Lok Sabha Constituency is one of Tamil Nadu’s 39 parliamentary constituencies. It was formed in 1977.
Dharmapuri registered 80.49 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.65 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1484027 while the total voter turnout is 1194440. While in 2014, the constituency registered 81.14 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1357134 while the total voter's turnout was 1101232.
Sivanandham C of Bahujan Samaj Party, DNV Senthilkumar S of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and Anbumani Ramadoss of Pattali Makkal Katchi are some of the prominent candidates contesting general election 2019 from Dharmapuri Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
The Dharmapuri Lok Sabha Constituency (constituency number 10) has six segments of the legislative assembly, one of which is reserved for the SC category.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Dharmapuri Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||SIVANANDHAM.C||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|2||DNV SENTHILKUMAR.S||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|3||ANNADHURAI. K||Ganasangam Party of India|
|4||ANBUMANI RAMADOSS||Pattali Makkal Katchi|
|5||RAJASEKAR.D||Makkal Needhi Maiam|
|6||RUKUMANIDEVI.R||Naam Tamilar Katchi|
The electors in the Dharmapuri Lok Sabha Constituency in Tamil Nadu cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. The results would be declared on May 23.
Anbumani Ramadoss of PMK is the incumbent Member of Parliament from this constituency.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Ramadoss secured 468194 votes and defeated PS Mohan of the AIADMK who got 391048 votes.