close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Erode Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Erode Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Erode Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Erode Parliamentary Constituency is one of the 39 Lok Sabha constituencies in Tamil Nadu. The constituency presently consists of six Vidhan Sabha segments of which one is reserved for the SC category.

Erode registered 72.65 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 3.46 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1462076 while the total voter turnout is 1062179. While in 2014, the constituency registered 76.11 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1321150 while the total voter's turnout was 1005532.

Ganeshamurthi A of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, Gopal M of Bahujan Samaj Party, Manimaran G of All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and Saravanakumar A of Makkal Needhi Maiam are some of those candidates contesting general election 2019 from the Erode Parliamentary Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

The assembly constituencies that fall in Erode parliamentary constituency are Kumarapalayam, Erode East, Erode West, Modakurichi, Dharapuram (SC) and Kangayam.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Erode Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 GANESHAMURTHI A Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
2 GOPAL M Bahujan Samaj Party
3 MANIMARAN G All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
4 KUPPUSAMY P Ulzaipali Makkal Katchy
5 KUPPUSAMY R Ganasangam Party of India
6 SARAVANAKUMAR A Makkal Needhi Maiam
7 SEETHALAKSHMI M K Naam Tamilar Katchi
8 ARUNACHALAM A Independent
9 ANANTHI S Independent
10 GANESHAMURTHY A C Independent
11 GANESHAMOORTHY M Independent
12 KATHIRVEL A Independent
13 KARTHIKEYAN P Independent
14 CHITRA P Independent
15 SUBRAMANIAN K Independent
16 SENTHILKUMAR K C Independent
17 DHARMALINGAM S Independent
18 NATARAJAN A Independent
19 PARAMASIVAM N Independent
20 MANI A Independent

Also read: Erode Parliamentary Constituency

The electors in the Erode Lok Sabha Constituency in Tamil Nadu cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. The results would be declared on May 23.

S Chinnayan Selvakumara of the AIADMK is the incumbent Member of Parliament from this constituency. In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, S Chinnayan Selvakumara got 466995 votes and defeated A Ganeshamurthi of the MDMK who managed to get 255432 votes.