close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 80 parliamentary constituencies of the state of Uttar Pradesh. It was formed after the Presidential notification of delimitation of parliamentary constituencies of 2008.

Fatehpur Sikri registered 60.26 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.03 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1710926 while the total voter turnout is 1030951. While in 2014, the constituency registered 61.29 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1578091 while the total voter's turnout was 967190.

The Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Constituency has five Vidhan Sabha segments of which one is reserved for the SC category. 

RAJKUMAR CHAHAR, RAJ BABBAR, SHREE BHAGWAN SHARMA, MANISHA SINGH are some of the prominent candidates contesting the 2019 Lok Sabha election from the Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Constituency.

Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 RAJKUMAR CHAHAR Bharatiya Janata Party
2 RAJ BABBAR Indian National Congress
3 SHREEBHAGWAN SHARMA Bahujan Samaj Party
4 NAWAB GUL CHAMAN SHERWANI VANCHITSAMAJ INSAAF PARTY
5 MANISHA SINGH Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)
6 VIJAY SINGH DHANGAR Rashtriya Shoshit Samaj Party
7 SATYENDRA BAGHEL Aam Janta Party (India)
8 SARVESH KUMAR Bharatiya Majdoor Janta Party
9 SADAB NOOR Adarsh Samaj Party
10 ANIL KUMAR KUSHWAHA Independent
11 ARTI SHARMA Independent
12 PASTAR THOMSAN MASSY Independent
13 NARESH KUMAR Independent
14 PURUSHOTTAM DAS (FAUZI BHAI) Independent
15 RAM BAHORI Independent

Also read: Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Constituency 

Babulal of BJP is the sitting Member of Parliament from the Fatehpur Sikri parliamentary constituency.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, BJP candidate Babulal was elected from this Lok Sabha seat. Babulal defeated Seema Upadhyay of the Bahujan Samaj Party in 2014 polls in the Lok Sabha seat. Rani Pakshalika Singh of the Samajwadi Party ended up at the third place.

Babulal got 426,589 votes in his favour as against his BSP rival Seema Upadhyay who got 253,483 votes.

The electors in the Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.

The combined results of the seven-phased 2019 Lok Sabha election will be declared on May 23.