close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Jagatsinghpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Jagatsinghpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.

Jagatsinghpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Jagatsinghpur Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 21 Lok Sabha constituencies in the eastern state of Odisha and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 29.

Jagatsinghpur registered 74.61 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.69 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1641031 while the total voter turnout is 1224344. While in 2014, the constituency registered 75.30 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1496713 while the total voter's turnout was 1127077.

Pratima Mallick of Indian National Congress, Bibhu Prasad Tarai of Bharatiya Janata Party, Bibhuti Bhusan Majhi of Bahujan Samaj Party and Rajashree Mallick of Biju Janata Dal are a few noted candidates for general election 2019 from the Jagatsinghpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.

Votings for Lok Sabha election happened in 4 phases in Odisha – on April 11, April 18, April 23 and April 29. The results will be declared on May 23. 

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Jagatsinghpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.

Odisha Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 PRATIMA MALLICK Indian National Congress
2 BIBHU PRASAD TARAI Bharatiya Janata Party
3 BIBHUTI BHUSAN MAJHI Bahujan Samaj Party
4 RAJASHREE MALLICK Biju Janata Dal
5 ANIL KUMAR BEHERA Freethought Party of India
6 JAGANNATH MEGH Jai Prakash Janata Dal
7 DIPAK KUMAR DAS Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha
8 PEEYUUSH DAS Ambedkarite Party of India
9 SASMITA DAS Independent

Also read: Jagatsinghpur Lok Sabha Constituency

Jagatsinghpur Lok Sabha constituency covers seven assembly segments – Niali, Paradeep, Tirtol, Balikuda-Erasama, Jagatsinghpur, Kakatpur and Nimapara.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Kulamani Samal of the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) – won with a huge margin of over 2.76 lakh votes. He had defeated Bibhu Prasad Tarai of the Indian National Congress. While Samal had secured 624492 votes Tarai got 348098 votes.