close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

  • 542/542 TARGET 272
  • BJP+

    354BJP+

  • CONG+

    90CONG+

  • OTH

    98OTH

Jajpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Jajpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.

Jajpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Jajpur Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 21 Lok Sabha constituencies in the eastern state of Odisha and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 29.

Jajpur registered 73.76 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.46 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1472616 while the total voter turnout is 1086155. While in 2014, the constituency registered 75.22 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1300745 while the total voter's turnout was 978360.

Amiya Kanta Mallick of Bharatiya Janata Party, Manas Jena of Indian National Congress and Sarmistha Sethi of Biju Janata Dal are a few noted candidates for general election 2019 from the Jajpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.

Votings for Lok Sabha election happened in 4 phases in Odisha – on April 11, April 18, April 23 and April 29. The results will be declared on May 23. 

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Jajpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.

Odisha Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 AMIYA KANTA MALLICK Bharatiya Janata Party
2 MANAS JENA Indian National Congress
3 SARMISTHA SETHI Biju Janata Dal
4 TILOTTAMA SETHY Proutist Bloc, India
5 BHIMA SEN BEHERA Freethought Party of India
6 RANJIT MALIK Bahujan Mukti Party
7 SUNAKAR BEHERA Jai Prakash Janata Dal
8 SUBASA CHANDRA MALIK SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)

Also read: Jajpur Lok Sabha Constituency

Jajpur Lok Sabha constituency covers seven assembly segments –  Binjharpur, Bari, Barachana, Dharmasala, Jajpur, Korei and Sukinda.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Rita Tarai of the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) – won with a huge margin of over 3 lakh votes. She had defeated Ashok Das of the Indian National Congress. While Tarai had secured 541349 votes Das got 221078 votes.