close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Kachchh Lok Sabha Constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Kachchh Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.   

Kachchh Lok Sabha Constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Kachchh Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 26 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Gujarat and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 23. The results would be declared on May 23.

Kachchh registered 58.22 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 3.22 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1743825 while the total voter turnout is 1015234. While in 2014, the constituency registered 61.44 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1533279 while the total voter's turnout was 942026.

Chavda Vinod Lakhamshi of Bharatiya Janata Party, Naresh Naranbhai Maheshwari of Indian National Congress and Lakhubhai Vaghela of Bahujan Samaj Party are a few prominent candidates contesting for general election 2019 from Kachchh Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.

Kachchh constituency covers seven assembly segments –  Abdasa, Mandvi, Bhuj, Anjar, Gandhidham which is reserved for members of Scheduled caste, Rapar and Morbi.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Kachchh Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat. 

Gujarat Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 CHAVDA VINOD LAKHAMSHI Bharatiya Janata Party
2 NARESH NARANBHAI MAHESHWARI Indian National Congress
3 LAKHUBHAI VAGHELA Bahujan Samaj Party
4 CHAVDA PRAVINBHAI CHANABHAI Hindusthan Nirman Dal
5 DHIRUBHAI BABULAL SHRIMALI New All India Congress Party
6 MAHESHWARI DEVJIBHAI VACHHIYABHAI Bahujan Mukti Party
7 SONDARVA BALUBEN MAHESHBHAI Rashtriya Power Party
8 BABULAL AMARSHI VAGHELA Independent
9 MARU MANISHA BHARAT Independent
10 MEGHVAL BHIMJIBHAI BHIKHABHAI Independent

Also read: Kachchh Lok Sabha Constituency

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Vinod Lakhamashi Chavda, of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) – won with a huge margin of over 2.54 lakh votes. He had defeated Dr. Dineshbhai Parmar of the Indian National Congress (INC). Chavda had secured 562855 votes while Parmar got 308373 votes.