close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

  • 542/542 TARGET 272
  • BJP+

    351BJP+

  • CONG+

    89CONG+

  • OTH

    102OTH

Kendrapara Lok Sabha constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Kendrapara Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.  

Kendrapara Lok Sabha constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Kendrapara Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 21 parliamentary constituencies of Odisha. The Kendrapada Lok Sabha constituency was formed following the delimitation of constituencies in 2008.

Kendrapara registered 72.23 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1708117 while the total voter turnout is 1233857. While in 2014, the constituency registered 73.23 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1551100 while the total voter's turnout was 1135939.

Anubhav Mohanty of Biju Janata Dal, Dharanidhar Nayak of Indian National Congress, Baijayant Panda of Bharatiya Janata Party and Rabindra Nath Behera of Samajwadi Party are a few noted candidates for general election 2019 from the Kendrapara Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.

Kendrapada Lok Sabha constituency it comprises of seven assembly seats -Salipur, Mahanga, Patkura, Kendrapara, Aul, Rajanagar and Mahakalapada.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Kendrapara Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.

Odisha Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 Anubhav Mohanty Biju Janata Dal
2 DHARANIDHAR NAYAK Indian National Congress
3 BAIJAYANT PANDA Bharatiya Janata Party
4 Rabindra Nath Behera Samajwadi Party
5 Srikanta Samal Krupaa Party
6 Santosh Kumar Das Independent
7 SANTOSH KUMAR PATRA Independent

Also read: Kendrapara Lok Sabha constituency

The voting for the parliamentary polls 2019 on this seat took place in the fourth phase on April 29.

The results will be declared on May 23.

Baijayant Panda of BJD was elected Member of Parliament from this constituency in 2014 polls.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Panda managed to get 601574 votes and trounced Dharanidhar Nayak of the INC who garnered 392,466 votes.