Krishnanagar Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 42 Lok Sabha (parliamentary) constituencies in West Bengal state in eastern India.
Krishnanagar registered 83.77 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.9
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1624866 while the total voter turnout is 1361129. While in 2014, the constituency registered 84.67 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1472106 while the total voter's turnout was 1246499.
Intaj Ali Shah of Indian National Congress, Uddhab Roy of Bahujan Samaj Party, Kalyan Chaubey of Bharatiya Janata Party, Jha Shantanu of Communist Party of India (Marxist) and Mahua Moitra of All India Trinamool Congress are few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Krishnanagar Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Krishnanagar Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||INTAJ ALI SHAH||Indian National Congress|
|2||UDDHAB ROY||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|3||KALYAN CHAUBEY||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|4||JHA SHANTANU||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|5||MAHUA MOITRA||All India Trinamool Congress|
|6||SHAIKH KHODA BOX||SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)|
|7||JAYANTA DEBNATH||Aihra National Party|
|8||SUBIMAL SENGUPTA||Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) (Liberation)|
The voting for the parliamentary polls 2019 on this seat took place in the fourth phase on April 29. The results would be declared on May 23.
Krishnanagar Lok Sabha constituency it comprises of seven assembly seats — Tehatta, Palashipara, Kaliganj, Nakshipara, Chapra, Krishnanagar Uttar and Krishnanagar Dakshin. All the seven assembly segments of Krishnanagar are in Nadia district.
Trinamool Congress' Tapas Paul is the sitting MP from the seat. He defeated CPI(M) candidate Dr Santanu Jha in 2014 Lok Sabha election.