close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Mahesana Lok Sabha Constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Mahesana Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.     

Mahesana Lok Sabha Constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Mahesana Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 26 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Gujarat and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 23. The results would be declared on May 23.

Mahesana registered 65.37 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.26 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1647470 while the total voter turnout is 1076957. While in 2014, the constituency registered 66.63 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1496913 while the total voter's turnout was 997335.

Chauhan Prahladbhai Natthubhai of Bahujan Samaj Party, AJ Patel of Indian National Congress and Shardaben Anilbhai Patel of Bharatiya Janata Party are a few prominent candidates contesting for general election 2019 from Mahesana Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.

Mahesana constituency covers seven assembly segments –  Unjha, Visnagar, Bechraji, Kadi, Mahesana, Vijapur and Mansa.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Mahesana Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat. 

Gujarat Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know  

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 CHAUHAN PRAHLADBHAI NATTHUBHAI Bahujan Samaj Party
2 A. J. Patel Indian National Congress
3 SHARDABEN ANILBHAI PATEL Bharatiya Janata Party
4 CHAUDHARI SENDHABHAI ABHERAJBHAI Bahujan Mukti Party
5 PRAJAPATI KANUBHAI AMATHARAM Bharatiya Rashtravadi Paksha
6 BAROT KULDIPKUMAR BHARATKUMAR Yuva Jan Jagriti Party
7 THAKOR JAYANTIJI CHUNTHAJI Independent
8 THAKOR BIPINKUMAR SHANKARJI Independent
9 THAKOR MAYURKUMAR RUPSINGJI Independent
10 PATEL ANITABEN RAMABHAI Independent
11 PATEL AMBALAL TALASHIBHAI Independent
12 RATHOD GULABSINH DURSINH Independent

Also read: Mahesana Lok Sabha Constituency

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Jayshreeben Kanubhai Patel, of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) – won with a huge margin of over 2 lakh votes. She had defeated Jivabhai Ambalal Patel of the Indian National Congress (INC). Jayshreeben had secured 580250 votes while Jivabhai Ambalal Patel got 371359 votes.