close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Maldaha Uttar Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Maldaha-Uttar Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal. 

Maldaha Uttar Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Maldaha-Uttar Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 42 parliamentary constituencies of West Bengal. The Maldaha-Uttar constituency was formed in respect to the delimitation order of 2009.

Maldaha Uttar registered 80.28 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.22 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1683797 while the total voter turnout is 1351730. While in 2014, the constituency registered 81.50 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1424086 while the total voter's turnout was 1160672.

 

Isha Khan Choudhury of Indian National Congress, Khagen Murmu of Bharatiya Janata Party, Nitish Kumar Mandal of Bahujan Samaj Party, Biswanath Ghosh of Communist Party of India (Marxist), Mausam Noor of All India Trinamool Congress and Arjun Keshari of Shivsena are few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Maldaha-Uttar Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal. 

It consists of 7 assembly segments out of which 5 are in the Malda district and two in Murshidabad district.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Maldaha-Uttar Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.

West Bengal Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

 

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 ISHA KHAN CHOUDHURY Indian National Congress
2 KHAGEN MURMU Bharatiya Janata Party
3 NITISH KUMAR MANDAL Bahujan Samaj Party
4 BISWANATH GHOSH Communist Party of India (Marxist)
5 MAUSAM NOOR All India Trinamool Congress
6 ARJUN KESHARI Shivsena
7 NITYA DAS Aihra National Party
8 MONATAN HEMBRAM Bahujan Mukti Party
9 JOSEPH KISKU Jharkhand Mukti Morcha
10 SUBHASH BARMAN Kamatapur People’s Party (United)
11 SUBHASH SARKAR SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)
12 AL MONOWARA BEGAM Independent
13 ALAM NOORSED Independent
14 NIMAI BESARA Independent
15 MD. DULAL HOQUE Independent
16 MOHAN HASDA Independent

Also read: Maldaha-Uttar Lok Sabha Constituency

Mausam Noor is the incumbent MP from the Maldaha Uttar Lok Sabha Constituency.

The election here was conducted on April 23, 2019, as per the Phase III schedule. The results would be declared on May 23.