Mayiladuturai Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 39 parliamentary constituencies of Tamil Nadu. Mayiladuturai or Mayiladuthurai was formed prior to the 1984 elections.
Mayiladuturai registered 73.62 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.25 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1484348 while the total voter turnout is 1092781. While in 2014, the constituency registered 75.87 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1349796 while the total voter's turnout was 1024047.
Asaimani S of All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, Ramalingam S of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, Kalyana Sundaram N of Bahujan Samaj Party, Subhashini K of Naam Tamilar Katchi and Refayudeen M of Makkal Needhi Maiam are some of those candidates contesting general election 2019 from Mayiladuturai Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
The Mayiladuturai Parliamentary constituency (constituency number 28) has six Vidhan Sabha segments of which one is reserved for the SC category.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Mayiladuturai Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||ASAIMANI. S||All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|2||RAMALINGAM. S||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|3||KALYANA SUNDARAM. N||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|4||SUBHASHINI. K||Naam Tamilar Katchi|
|5||REFAYUDEEN. M||Makkal Needhi Maiam|
|6||HABEEB MOHAMED. U||All Pensioner’s Party|
|21||KAPPUR DHAKSHINAMOORTHY. M||Independent|
The electors in the Mayiladuturai Lok Sabha Constituency in Tamil Nadu cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.
The results would be declared on May 23.
RK Bharathi Mohan of the AIADMK is the incumbent Member of Parliament from this constituency.
In the last 2014 Lok Sabha polls, RK Bharathi Mohan managed to get 513729 and decimated S Hyder Ali of the MAMAK who garnered 236679 votes.